ABW Ambassador
    You deleted the thread? Unbelievable!!! The fact you haven't updated your script in 6 months cannot be discussed by your subaffiliates now?! It's a totally VALID issue and even more so at this time of year!

I agree whole-heartedly. Everyone seems to like your scripts very much.

No need to hide any issues that come up.

I want a T-shirts page..... how about an update to allposters?

I do agree. We do need an update as soon as possible. The script is very outdated and the prices showing on my site do not reflect the prices on the AllPosters.com site. Many of the pages produced by the old script are showing much lower prices than they actually. Many posters at my site are showing the price as $4,99, but when customers are redirect to AllPosters.com the real price is $8,99. That must be fixed as soon as possible.
    Can you post a message, letting us know if there is or not an update comming soon?

ABW Ambassador
    Considering I first asked in september and Cusimano is ignoring all posts about it - I believe he has stopped supporting this script.

After all, it would leave HIM with the only updated websites - RIGHT IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS.

How about at least an explanation of what goes into making an update? Is it something that requires basically rewriting the entire script, or is it something that just requires the new feed to be submitted? If we knew the amount of work required, we might at least understand the reluctance to update the script. Last month was my worst month since the 2nd month when I started. My sub-affiliates almost outsold me, which is unheard of on my end. My art.com sales also beat AP, and I have very few links to art.com. Perhaps it is time to switch over? Sure some of it could be seo related, but with quite a few clicks going to products no longer available, that could be part of the blame. How many thousands of new items are we missing out on? This month has actually started off well for me and I would like to have it continue.

ABW Ambassador
    Maybe it's a lot of work but more than 6 months is a lot of time between updates.

He's getting $150+ a month off me for doing NOTHING - I don't just run his script and upload whatever it serves up. I make templates, tweak them, add to them - when the script has run, I make changes, fix things etc. I also had swapped over all my handmade links to the account where I am his subaffiliate, so he's getting a percentage of it all and why?!!

He is no longer holding up his end of the bargain - it's time we stopped holding up ours if you ask me! Maybe if his earnings start to dwindle he will take notice and do his job.

You may have noticed that these threads go unanswered by David - quite frankly that is just rude and we, as his subaffiliates, deserve some sort of respect and response to this very serious matter. He's effectively made a significant NEGATIVE difference to how "Merry" our Christmases will be.

Yeah, I'm not sure of the reason for not updating the script. I'm doing things manually now as I don't think my 2004 calendars will sell well this time of year. There are other scripts out there, but it's probably a bad time of year to switch over, due to the time needed to have the search engines updated to reflect the new urls.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamyT:
    You deleted the thread? Unbelievable!!! The fact you haven't updated your script in 6 months cannot be discussed by your subaffiliates now?! It's a totally VALID issue and even more so at this time of year! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

which script are you referring too?
    dave

ABW Ambassador
    Allposters.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It just got updated, yesterday I think. Agreed it's been too long.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, always handy on november 10th-ish eh? It's not like I didn't ask in september and shouldn't have even HAD TO ask.. it had been so long already.

Just a little note to mention that since I put up the new pages, I've just about tripled last months sales already. Granted, my sales last month were at their lowest in months, but a nice increase anyway. I just checked on one of the more expensive items I sold, and it was not on my old pages. Just goes to show you that perhaps updating more frequently is a good thing. Thanks for the update.

Great update.
    Thanks

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread