Hi folks,

I can't seem to find the answer to this - my apologies if it is out there. But Amazon's free shipping is a big plus to many people, and I am anxious to find out if Associate Engine supports the display of super saving shipping availability for each product?

Thanks

"Super-Saver Shipping" (SSS) availability is not known to Associate Engine (or any AWS-based script) since Amazon.com does not provide that information in its AWS datafeed. The SSS depends upon a complex set of dependencies that only the amazon.com website can calculate. See this amazon.com thread.

The only thing you can do is add something like "May be eligible for Super-Saver Shipping -- click to find out!" To add something like that to your details pages, edit the details template that you're using (e.g.: ae-format/details6.html).

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

I just saw a site based on StorePerfect 1.0 that did in fact show Free SuperSaver Shipping.

See <http://www.inetsupermall.com/amazon/shop/!asin_B0002KINSY/product.html> as an example.

I know StorePerfect is no longer available - I'm just surprised that somehow they were able to do it even though Amazon says it isn't possible. I'm perplexed.

StorePerfect is not our product so I do not know its algorithms. Since Amazon.com Web Services (AWS) does not provide Super-Saver Shipping (SSS) availability (since it depends upon a complex set of rules that only amazon.com can evaluate), StorePerfect must be making a simplified "educated" guess (e.g.: price > $50) --- and it may guess wrong since it is not amazon.com and only amazon.com knows the rules. As stated in Amazon.com's post, SSS availability can only be determined when the user visits the amazon.com website.

So, the short answer is that StorePerfect is guessing.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

Thank you David.

I know you haven't updated your Amazon product recently - but I will likely be purchasing a license shortly. Overall I think out of the products that are out there - I think yours might suit me best.

I do have one other question / comment though. I see a part of your FAQ about international Amazon support. This seems to only work when the same ASIN number is used across the different stores. I have found often that it is not setup that way. Am I mistaken at all here?

Thanks for your time.

AE can be configured to display amazon.com search results or it can be configured to display amazon.co.uk search results (see .co.uk install instructions) (.co.uk example). AE does not support displaying search results from the other amazon websites (.ca, .co.jp, .de). You can install AE twice on the same server, a .com install and a .co.uk install and have two sections in your website (e.g.: mydomain.com/amazon and mydomain.com/amazon-uk).

AE can also be configured to display text links (e.g.: "Buy from: Canada, United Kingdom") that link to the same ASIN at the other amazon websites -- sometimes amazon has the same ASIN available on its other websites. Amazon.com Web Services (AWS) provides search results data about only one amazon website (e.g.: amazon.com or amazon.co.uk or ...) -- those search results do not mention anything about products on the other amazon websites. Displaying these "same ASIN" links is a standard trick that other Amazon.com Web Services (AWS) script developers are using to provide links to the other amazon websites. You can turn those "same ASIN" links off if you want.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I know you haven't updated your Amazon product recently <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The last formal release of Associate Engine was v4.05.31. There are beta versions after that; current beta is v4.12.08-beta. Beta's are working versions -- they just have non-critical fixes and new features since that last formal relased version. You're welcome to use the current beta -- just replace your ae.pl file.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread