Hi All,

I'm considering buying the Amazon script, and using it as the basis for my new shopping mall: Shoppingo.com . I have three questions however regarding this script:

1) When someone adds a product to the cart, will it be counted as a Direct Click link, so I receive the 2.5% Premium ?

2) I heard some rumors on other forums that such sites won't get indexed by the major search engines. Is is true in your expirience ?

3) Can I have a different theme for each category in my mall (so if someone clicks on the DVD category she will see a different special design for this category that will continue to show for all her searches in this category).

Thanks in advance & Happy Holidays..

Eyal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eyal Moshe:
    2) I heard some rumors on other forums that such sites won't get indexed by the major search engines. Is is true in your expirience ?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do this search in Google. Many of those are AE pages.
    [URL=http://www.netmagellan.com/]Net Magellan blog[/URL]

I am sure there are folks here that can better answer this but my experience has been this;
    I do much much much better when I take a single product from Amazon that fits my sites theme, build a page about that product and place it on my site vs the scripts.

I have a few amazon scripts running on 2 different sites and they can't hold a candle to the single product pages I have...

but like I said, other folks here will likely have better answers.

Thanks guys,

Does anyone know the answer for my other questions (especially if I get the premium) ?

Eyal

1. See FAQ: Will I receive the 2.5% premium?

2. Search engines are indexing AE webpages.

3. Use the Store templates. Then customize any of the template files as you wish (e.g.: ae-template/store/dvd.html) or make your own from scratch.

4. To have AE display single product pages, set the configuration variable asinsearch.format to "details6" (or any of the other Details formatting templates). Each product will then have its own page showing that product's details. If you want to customize some product pages (e.g.: add your own review) then add the &lt;!--includeASIN--&gt; directive to your template where you want to insert your custom HTML read from the file ae-include/ASIN.html (i.e.: files are named based on ASIN).

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had over 13,000 product pages indexed on Google within 7 days of installing the script. Many of my product pages are ranked ABOVE Amazon's identical product page.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread