I typically get around 3 to 5 eBay leads a day, and 10 or 20 sales.

On the 15th they started the new payment plan test, and I haven't gotten a single lead since. Still getting my usual sales, though.

I know my numbers are small enough that it could be just a fluke, but I don't like it.

Anybody else having the same problem?

ABW Ambassador
    I've had some leads yesterday, 4 of them, they still will show as $5 and be switched to $6 later. I switched most over to BeFree and brought some back so i have about half at CJ and half at BeFree. Just doing a little test for myself to see if there is any difference and what i like better. But i still see leads showing up at CJ.

Mine have been extremely slow all week, now I'm lucky to get 1 a day. I have been switching my links to BeFree as well, but not until Thursday or yesterday - so they were slowing down before that. No leads with BeFree yet. I had thought it was the google update?

Complaining seems to have worked again. I just got my first lead in 3 days.

I don't think it's google problems in my case, since my sales are good, and I'd assume they'd go together.

That's true, missdonna - I am seeing the usual sales so that didn't make any sense.

I've seen a change in the ratio of eBay Leads that are "Extended" vs. "Accepted", but no big difference in the number of Leads generated.

It's going to be interesting to see how many of them are accepted next week when the reversals start!

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

I'm not seeing any change. Coming in good and strong for me last few days.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Ebay CJ leads and registrations have basically stopped for me the last week.

I switched half over to BeFree during the same time period, and am getting sales at BeFree.

Since the inception of the new Account deManager, CJ hasn't been as reliable in terms of sales.

It's pretty easy to predict which transactions will be reversed. I've found that if a transaction is in an Extended state a day or two after it has been registered, it will be reversed almost without exception.

I haven't noticed any drop in eBay.com registrations, but I have noticed that I am no longer getting any eBay.ca registrations. None in May so far, just 2 in April, 3 in March, compared to 9 in February, 11 in January, and 10 in December.

More happens in these programs then we are told. On the eBay.ca forum, they mention that if a Canadian registers with an eBay.com link, the affiliate does not get credited for the lead, and if an American registers with an eBay.ca link, the affiliate does not get credited with the lead.

This is supposedly a new-ish change in the way they do things, however this was never publicized. I'm guessing this took place around March, when my leads dropped off, since I get a lot of Canadians to my site, and they probably click through my eBay.com Editor Kit links.

Non-publicity of this fact is, in my opinion, fraud.

Ralph

http://www.hockeydb.com

Ralph,

I was under the impression that eBay only shows Leads as accepted when they are accompanied by a bid on the same day. In that case, the Lead would show accepted on the next business day. But if the qualifying bid occurs a week later, the Lead keeps its extended status, and won't show as accepted until the business end of the month, when it either has to be reversed or accepted anyway.

Am I wrong about this? I thought it came from a reputable source.

Andy

quote:
    Originally posted by Andy:
    Ralph,

I was under the impression that eBay only shows Leads as accepted when they are accompanied by a bid on the same day. In that case, the Lead would show accepted on the next business day. But if the qualifying bid occurs a week later, the Lead keeps its extended status, and won't show as accepted until the business end of the month, when it either has to be reversed or accepted anyway.

Am I wrong about this? I thought it came from a reputable source.

Andy

That was my impression, too, but I don't know where I got the idea. I think I figured it out for myself.

Here is how the eBay program differs between BeFree and CJ.

At BeFree you only see qualified leads. In other words you do not see the leads that you sent eBay that never became active(i.e. generated a bid within 30 days).

At CJ you see every lead you send eBay and later, the ones that never became active get reversed out.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

I'm not talking about the "possibilities" of having an extended transaction accepted. I'm talking about the reality of the program.

I track the number of extended leads on a daily basis. All leads show up as "new", and the next day, become either "Accepted" or "Extended".

I have only once seen a lead change from Extended to Accepted, and that lead was registered very late in the night, just before midnight. 2 days later it seems to have switched to Accepted.

But at the end of the month, if I have 6 Extended leads, then without failure, each one of those leads will be reversed. I'm not claiming that is incorrect; I'm claiming that this is the reality of things; if it is extended, don't even think about getting it, because there's a very slim chance of an extended transaction getting accepted. For whatever reason, if someone doesn't bid when he registers, he doesn't go back and bid later on.

I do, however, prefer to see these transactions; it at least lets me know that things are still working.

Todd, I'm curious; if someone from Canada signs up using my eBay.com link, does this appear as an extended transaction, or does it just not show up? Also, if someone signs up from one machine but bids from another (home vs. work), does this bid get credited?

The devil is always in the details.

http://www.hockeydb.com

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread