ABW Ambassador
    I'm experimenting with php and have some questions regarding seo.

1) I assume that parms are part of what is indexed and I believe I read somewhere that parms should be resticted to around 3 paramaters currently. Is this correct?

2) Regarding form processing via a drop down. The post method requires a single file be called with no parms. If the same form processing file is called "for say 20 different values" which and builds "logically" 20 different pages (based on the form variable read) but with the same file name how do the search engines interpet the results?
    As 1 page, 20 pages or 0 I've always been skeptical of forms processing and have avoided it in the past where seo mattered. Set me straight and if there is a better way seo wise please elaborate.

===================================
    Child labor laws exist yet, parasite partnering merchants (PP Merchants) and the COC allow an adult affiliates income to be diverted into the pockets of parasites and consider it normal business!

Why give parasites unlimited cookie durations and credit for sales where they divert our users and overwrite our cookies. PP merchants and the COC directly supports what many consider unfair trade practices, identity theft and thievery!

I'll comment within your statements to make it easier to follow. I think I understand what you are asking.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by happypoon:
    I'm experimenting with php and have some questions regarding seo.

1) I assume that parms are part of what is indexed and I believe I read somewhere that parms should be resticted to around 3 paramaters currently. Is this correct?

(if you are talking about sending those parameters in the browser I would limit myself to 2 not 3)

2) Regarding form processing via a drop down. The post method requires a single file be called with no parms. (You can send as many parms as you want.) If the same form processing file is called "for say 20 different values" which and builds "logically" 20 different pages (based on the form variable read) but with the same file name how do the search engines interpet the results?
    As 1 page, 20 pages or 0
    (search engines will interpret them as 20 results)
    I've always been skeptical of forms processing and have avoided it in the past where seo mattered. Set me straight and if there is a better way seo wise please elaborate.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would avoid using the drop down menu form if I could. It's not likely that a search engine will follow a form that requires a choice to be made. Instead I would make textual links (at least do a sitemap) with the parameters in each link.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread