Recently I've decided to learn PHP and MySQL so I can bring my Coupon site into the 21st century. I've been looking around for a very basic script that I can learn from and apply to my site at the same time. I've had no luck. Anyone know where I can find one, or maybe they have one sitting around in their garage collecting dust.

Thanks
    Steve

(bent over nearly lifeless post giving mouth to mouth)

Just trying to revive a question hoping to get a little guidance and insight.

I am not sure I understand what it is that you want.
    You say you are looking for a script. What is is that you want the script to do?

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Good question.

I am just learning about PHP/MYSQL and want to use it to convert my labor intensive site to one that runs on a database. Hopefully, cutting my time in half. I would update the database and load it up. I wouldn't (ideally) have to open the pages themselves and do anything to them. I bought a script from Cditty and am doing this very thing with a backcountrystore datafeed. I have been studying his script but it is licensed (and partly encrypted) So I couldn't use it for my site. I have been looking around for free scripts but don't really know what I am looking for. SO, I am hoping a person out there with some knowledge in this field could point me to a free open source script at "Matts free script archive" or whatever that I could apply to my site while learning about PHP and MYSQL.

I see scripts labeled as content management but don't know if that is what I need. I downloaded two scripts: one called MyPHPsite and another called Mambo. I think this is what I'm looking for but don't know for sure. I would like to know for the get-go that I have the proper script so I don't waste a bunch of time.

I hope this gives you a better idea.

Thanks
    Steve

I guess I really can't be of much help. My site is PHP/MYSQL, but I have specially built admin pages that I use to enter my data, and just put a few lines of php code on my pages to display what I want to be displayed.
    Sorry!

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

Here's a simple package that deals with adding items and displaying all results... You should be able to extrapolate the rest...

http://www.ford-fox.com/mysql+php_script.tgz

I didn't include the config.php file, but it's sole purpose in life is to set these 5 variables: $dbname $db_uname, $dbpass, $cj_clk_url, $cj_img_url. (The last two may or may not be useful)

Connie, thanks for taking interest.

FFoc, thanks for the info. I will see what I can do with it. I went and got a book and printed off some information from WebMonkey. I hope I can do something with your efforts.

Steve

connie,

What script do use for your site?
    If you don't mind sharing.

Thanks!

I don't know of ANY out-of-the-box scripts for coupon sites. I'm fairly sure that all of us who run coupon sites either wrote our own scripts or had someone write the scripts for them.

Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

There is a VERY nice one that I know of, however, I cannot remember the url. I'll find it and either post it or send a PM to you.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

"Danger, Will Robinson, danger.....!!!"

(God help us when Mike and Charlie get a whiff of this one.... )

New Orleans, I sent you a PM about this.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

Chris could you let me know about the script too. I'm searching for one just like it.

http and a telephoto
    This is a 2 - 3 year old thread, the people in it may not even be participating any longer. Please check dates before you revive an old, old thread Sometimes it is better to start a new one....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

WOW! This thread is 3 1/2 years old.

Posting to it does put it back in the new posts, though.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread