This is probably an easy question to answer. I am using the below code to disply the result of certian fields in a mysql database. I want to limit what it display to the first 25 records. However, I have tried to limit the records using the below code, what it does is repeat the first record 25 times. What do I have to do to get it to continue down the database. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

$rowcount = 1;
    do {
    Echo "<strong>$department </strong> ---> $brandname<br>\n";
    $rowcount++;
    } while ($rowcount < 25);
    continue;

You should set your limit in your select statement.

$result = @mysql_query("SELECT * FROM yourtable WHERE field = 'whatever' limit 0,25");

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M.McNabb:
    You should set your limit in your select statement.

$result = @mysql_query("SELECT * FROM yourtable WHERE field = 'whatever' limit 0,25"); <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then,

while ($line = mysql_fetch_array($result)) {
    echo "&lt;strong&gt;$result['department'] &lt;/strong&gt; ---&gt; $result['brandname']&lt;br&gt;\n";
    }

Then to get the next 25 from your db:

$result = @mysql_query("SELECT * FROM yourtable WHERE field = 'whatever' limit 25,25");

and the next 25 would be...

$result = @mysql_query("SELECT * FROM yourtable WHERE field = 'whatever' limit 50,25");

etc.

You Guys are the best resource for information! I also posted this same question a WWW and NO ONE has responded. Thank you to all of you! I have one more test for your knowledge! I am also looking for a way to rank links on my site, kind of a "most popular" or a way to dispaly the top couple of links getting the highest click through. Is there an easy way to go about it, or is there a script out there somewhere to serve the purpose. I think there may be one, but I can't seem to ask the search engines the right question, any suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dak142:
    I am also looking for a way to rank links on my site, kind of a "most popular" or a way to dispaly the top couple of links getting the highest click through. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Are you currently keeping tracking records in your db?

If so, it's just a matter of grabbing the top x links off the list:

SELECT * FROM url_list ORDER BY clicks DESC LIMIT 0,10

If you don't already grab your own clickthrough data, do it by using a redirection script.
    “An adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.” - G.K. Chesterton

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread