Animal Lover
    I've done this a dozen times already and have never had a hitch. I go to the phpmyadmin section, set up the table and then upload it using the insert textfile function. Today when I go to upload a feed I get this error :

Error

SQL-query :

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE '/tmp/php2XXXX' INTO TABLE `blahblah` FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"' ESCAPED BY '\\' LINES TERMINATED BY '\r\n'

MySQL said:

#1148 - The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version

So I thought perhaps it's a bungle on my end so I try again...this time changing the file to a txt file and adding the \t in the necessary field...no joy...still the same error message.

I go to another site that I have (but with a different hosting company) and do exactly the same thing - and it loads up fine...

I've contacted support at the first hosting company and their response was :

Sometimes phpMyAdmin fails to restore dump files specially when it contains binary data. So we have loaded that datafeed into your mysql database table via shell.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Or is there some way around this?

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

ABW Ambassador
    You mention multiple hosts. Is this the first time you've tried it with this host? It could be that the hosts have different versions of mysql loaded and the message is legitimate.

Animal Lover
    Nope Poon, I've loaded 6 feeds to this particular host before and have had no problems...

so I'm stumped. If the problem persists it means I can't even update the existing feeds already on there...

I even tried loading up a really simple test table ie with only 1 record in and just 'test' as the field entries...no joy...same error message.

Oscar

http and a telephoto
    Check and see if the host upgraded recently. Loading data from text file was disabled during one phpMyAdmin upgrade and the host at the server needs to do something to get it to work again. I don't recall which version, I have worked around the issue so far and don't need to do it directly through phpMyAdmin.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Animal Lover
    Thanks Deb I will check with them. Problem is getting really frustrating. And mind this isn't some smallfry hosting company I thought they would've solved it by now...it's been more than 24 hours.

Oscar

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread