Hey-

I am relatively new to the Affiliate Marketing Management realm and have read many takes on WhenU. I asked CJ their opinion on WhenU and they have claimed that WhenU has changed their business model.

Anyone have some time to brief me on a little of the history and whether or not WhenU is still suspicious? Also any information on e2give would help as well.

Thanks all!

Unfortunately, I don't have the knowledge that many folks here have on this, but if they have changed their business model, why are they still popping up on my pages?

CJ won't answer that except to say they are in compliance.

Chris

----------------------------
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Art.com, Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....

I do not know much about whenu but if CJ are telling you they are compliant it is a crock of shoot!!
    We have caught them many times blatently breaking the COC. I myself as have many others here, have reported this to CJ but it seems they do not give a toss for their ordinary affiliates anymore.

This is my last question and the reply CJ gave. As you can see it is a complete whitewash. I guess the backhanders must pay better
    quote:
    Response (Ed) 05/12/2003 12:10 PM
    Dear Gordon:

I'll pass this on to folks within CJ that check for these things, but please understand that due to privacy policies we can not inform the publisher of our findings or of our decisions. Non-compliant publishers are for the most part either already compliant or are in the process of becoming compliant, or have been removed in some cases.

Sincerely,
    ejd

Auto-Response (Ed) 05/11/2003 05:49 AM
    Thank you for contacting Commission Junction. This is an e-mail confirming the submission of your incident. You should expect a response regarding resolution from us within 72 normal business hours. Thank you!

030511-000017
    RE: Violation of COC

Replies to this e-mail will not be processed.

Customer (Gordon Skevy .) 05/11/2003 05:49 AM
    Dear sir/madam
    Please take a look at this image. http://www.youtrek.com/cigars/ea.jpg This screenshot was taken on my site http://www.chic-clothes.com Whenu is popping up on my sites even though the links are href="http://www.qksrv.net etc. and in some cases even when the links are also appended with the &afrsc=1. It is no wonder my sales ratio is down when you have some affiliates that are blatently breaking the COC like this.

Please inform me as to what action you are taking/I need to take with this.

regards
    Gordon Skevy
    gordon@youtrek.com

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

quote:
    CJ response: "Non-compliant publishers are for the most part either already compliant or are in the process of becoming compliant, or have been removed in some cases."

Well, if they had already been removed from the network, they wouldn't be popping up would they???

Sounds to me like CJ has already decided what the outcome of their "investigation" will be

BEFORE THEY'VE EVEN INVESTIGATED!!!

CJ = Pay for Performance, Pay for Protection

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

quote:
    Non-compliant publishers are for the most part either already compliant
    This is the line that says it all !!!! if they are non-compliant how the bloody hell can they be compliant?

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

if cj let's WhenU get away with breaking the rules, legally anybody else can break them too.

ABW Ambassador
    Feds cracking down on internet fraud
    http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.as...8&nav=0RZFFrk0

Who's next?!!!

Does stealing commissions count?

quote:
    05/21/2003 02:05 PM
    Hello,

I thought this was exactly the same issue as Happypoon's which came in at the same time -- apologies if I was confused. Can you tell us which publisher pages are the ones being "popped up on"? These screen shots all show the pop-up on the advertiser site. If the originating click isn't from a CJ Publisher site, that doesn't fall under the COC, even if the advertiser works in the CJ network.

Customer (Haiko de Poel, Jr. .) 05/21/2003 01:35 PM
    And another one ..

[Link to screenshot]

Customer (Haiko de Poel, Jr. .) 05/21/2003 01:29 PM
    Pic 4 Liars!

[Link to screenshot]

Response (Tom) 05/21/2003 01:15 PM
    Hello,

We contacted WhenU about this issue and they corrected the matter immediately. Thanks for notifying us. Please send any more such reports as soon as you find them!

Response (Tom) 05/21/2003 07:57 AM
    Sorry for the slight delay in response - this hasn't been forgotten. We'll have more information for you later today.

Customer (Haiko de Poel, Jr. .) 05/18/2003 08:02 AM
    more

Auto-Response (Haiko de Poel, Jr. .) 05/17/2003 09:27 PM
    Thank you for contacting Commission Junction. This is an e-mail confirming the submission of your incident. You should expect a response regarding resolution from us within 72 normal business hours. Thank you!

030517-000060
    WhenU CoC compliance

Replies to this e-mail will not be processed.

Customer (Haiko de Poel, Jr. .) 05/17/2003 09:27 PM
    WhenU is violating the CoC stop pushing them to merchants!

If they bothered looking at the site (URL was not removed on their Screenshot) they would see that it is NOT an merchant's site, it is MY affiliate site for a merchant, for God's sake there is an ad for 123inkjets and Tigerdirect inches away from each other ... what type of baboon can't identify an affiliate site just from that! The reason they want the merchant site they'll tell WhenU to put that merchant on the exclusion list for a short time period and voilĂ* ... Compliance!

I am soooo sick and tired of this facade that CJ actually gives a damn about compliance!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Face it...CJ doesn't want to enforce the CoC! How many times do we have to catch the parasites misbehaving before they get booted?

I mean, REALLY!!!!! The parasites have more technical problems than anyone I've seen, and they don't seem to feel that reimbursement is necessary when they take commissions that they didn't generate during these problems! It seems someone has to babysit the parasites continually.

I doubt CJ would be this lenient with other publishers, they'd just boot them off the network with little warning!

CJ: When are you going to START treating ALL publishers fairly, ethically, and honestly???

How many times does a publisher have to violate the CoC, and get caught with documented proof, before you take action to stop it once and for all???

Take another look at the screenshot above, it's not a merchant site, for Pete's sake! Did everyone at CJ compliance fall off the Turnip truck???

Geezzz.....

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Ranting here is great, if you just want to lose steam. But that will not make any difference. CJ, as always, will only ignore us. We need to do something that will make CJ take notice, something that will shake it to the core. Any ideas?

How can they say they are in complaince when the PROOF they are not is sitting right in the emails to them and right here on this page!!

And Todd, we know you read this. This is obviously a VERY important matter yet you seem to NEVER respond to the tough questions.

Now, IF you thought what you were doing was RIGHT and everything is ok, then why the heck don't you simply respond and clear things up?

So e2give falls into the same?

quote:
    Originally posted by Keith - UOL:
    So e2give falls into the same?

Keith - UOL,

Welcome to ABW!

At this time, it "appears" that e2give has removed the downloadable application, so they are just another charity portal.

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Any ideas of the % of computers infected by WhenU ?

Fer

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well I placed WhenU and eBates on my system for testing links. LOL ...all of the above links spawned popups from WhenU. Some appeared on a time delay fuse pushing Online Diplomas and corespondence/college credit courses so you can be just like a Harvard Grad ...on the cheap!!

WhenU even pops up Ads within the HTML link coding section of CJ. When their to get Akivas new half page creative code and had to close 2 popups. The BHO advertising wanks could care less if the super glued the fliers to the windshield of your car or on the inside of your CRT. Since when have the BHO Ad-whores been able to dictate network boardrooms. OH ..I forgot the networks real roots ...online advertising with sales cookie reporting hooks.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

quote:
    Originally posted by EcomCity.com:

Since when have the BHO Ad-whores been able to dictate network boardrooms.

Since CJ decided to feature Ebates face on it's front page,
    since they gave them a big award,
    since they decided to sell their souls for a pocketful of silver....

Vicki

But if the arrow is straight and the point is slick,
    It can pierce through dust no matter how thick. dylan

Vicki wrote:
    quote:
    Since CJ decided to feature Ebates face on it's front page,
    since they gave them a big award,
    since they decided to sell their souls for a pocketful of silver....

CJ featuring Ebates on the front page is pretty bad, considering how they came to be so successful but the award was a slap in the face to all of CJ's other affiliates.

Andy

quote:
    featuring Ebates on the front page is pretty bad
    Personaly I think it was f@#%ing awful, but then again it just goes to prove what a bunch of stupid *ssoles are running CJ and what scum they will partner with to make money.

I am still awaiting a reasonable answer to my questions about this overwriting and cookie swapping that is going on, undoubtedly CJ wil come up with either some whitewash story that paints them in a totally different light than they are or they will rely on the privacy clause they have to fob us off and not bother to give us a reasonable answer at all.

I wonder why it is that they find it so easy to ban an ordinary small affiliate for a minor offence yet when they have proof of an affiliate that steals thousands if not millions of sales they do not do a bloody thing?

And they say money does not talk no don't make me laugh.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

Continuing the Trouble ticket ...

quote:
    Customer (Haiko de Poel, Jr. .) 05/23/2003 08:06 AM
    Added 7.gif screenshot

Customer (Haiko de Poel, Jr. .) 05/23/2003 06:06 AM
    Added 5.13.gif, this is beyond rediculous!

Customer (Haiko de Poel, Jr. .) 05/22/2003 03:33 PM
    thank you for adding gifguy.gif, the screenshot I took while on the phone with you.

Customer (Haiko de Poel, Jr. .) 05/22/2003 09:53 AM
    added screenshot pic6.gif

Customer (Haiko de Poel, Jr. .) 05/22/2003 06:13 AM
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...723#7296032723

Obviously CJ is a Trusted Third Party only with WhenU!!!

Let's see how long it takes to resolve the blatantly obvious! BTW Jeff Pulen knows about this ticket and complete WhenU compliance issue.

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Ranting here is great, if you just want to lose steam. But that will not make any difference. CJ, as always, will only ignore us. We need to do something that will make CJ take notice, something that will shake it to the core. Any ideas?
    I know if I lived in Californication, I'd have already been on their doorstep with a baseball bat~! By the way . . . where's everyones' beloved TODD? Off on another vacation with OUR money? He sure isn't here helping as he always touts his trap about. And when Todd DOES arrive, WHY TF DO YOU ALL KISS HIS ASS~?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread