I should know this because I've been using affiliate programs for a long time, but it's confusing to try and come up with which merchants are "clean" and which are associated with eBates, WhenU, etc. Would it be inappropriate for people to post a couple of lists (I don't know, "clean" and "not-clean" or something to that effect?

I'm mainly using CJ, LinkShare and Performics, and for all I know I could be losing sales on some. Although I did recently cloak all my links (big job!).

If this is not an appropriate request, just say so...it's OK. Or maybe such a list exists in one place elsewhere on the forum?

Thanks,
    Tom Brown
    All-Internet Shopping Directory
    www.all-internet.com

quote:
    Originally posted by tbrown:
    I should know this because I've been using affiliate programs for a long time, but it's confusing to try and come up with which merchants are "clean" and which are associated with eBates, WhenU, etc. Would it be inappropriate for people to post a couple of lists (I don't know, something like "clean" and "not-clean?"

I'm mainly using CJ, LinkShare and Performics, and for all I know I could be losing sales on some. Although I did recently cloak all my links (big job!).

If this is not an appropriate request, just say so...it's OK. Or maybe such a list exists in one place elsewhere on the forum?

Thanks,
    Tom Brown
    All-Internet Shopping Directory
    http://www.all-internet.com

Hmmm...tried to edit some grammar, but just made another post. Sorry. Not sure how to edit on this board.

Tom

I think it would be great if we had a database set up somewhere to show whether a merchant was affiliated with parasitic companies.

The problem that I see with posting a list on the forum is that it can become outdated in a matter of days. After that, bad merchants could still be listed as good, and the good as bad. With a database, several people could constantly keep it updated.

BTW - You can click this button to edit a post: But I think you can only edit something like 30 minutes after you posted.

Hmm Is it me or we can't delete messages anymore?

goal: $2000 a month by 11/26
    Financial free by 2004.
    The xtremeshopping.org network

Jason- Santa Cruz, CA

ABW Ambassador
    A while ago, and perhaps many times, there have been lists posted but these lists aren't such a good idea. If a merchant removes the leaches, maggots and other known theives, then that list becomes obsolete and the merchant looks like a schmuck forever.

So, what I have found the best to do is to visit each of my merchants that are "appearing" not to be converting and try to find out why. Then, if I find they're hooked up with a parasitic scumbag, I let them know about OUR concerns, not just my own. And be sure to let them know that it COSTS them as it does us. It works~!
    quote:
    With a database, several people could constantly keep it updated.
    This might work but, there's that word again, WORK

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

Creating such a list is also a legal nightmare, trust me!!!

The best way is to look at the merchant lists on the various sites.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Ah, yes, I didn't think of those obstacles. But where, exactly, would one look on a merchant's site to see a list of their affiliates? I've never seen anything like that.

Thanks,
    Tom

You look at the respective parasite sites not the merchant sites.

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

For example: when on CJ login page, under Publishers, click on 'learn more' then click on ebates icon. Once on ebates, click on All Stores. There you have a list of all merchants associated with ebates.

Gene
    TCS

Thanks...very helpful!

Tom

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread