I need some info. here. I'm kinda new so bear with me on this one.

I got a sale on my site. CJ recorded it as my sale and put the commission up on the board so I figured that I was responsible for the sale. The next day the sale was listed as an "unqualified lead." I sent an e-mail to the merchant asking why and this is there reply:

Hi Steve-

Here is what we have on this order:

Visitor IP Address:

Where did you hear from us?
    Epinions

Referer URL:
    http://pricetool.epinions.com/sayona...numpositions=-

How do I interperate this? I am confused 'cause I was originally credited with this so I figured the person came from my site.

Thanks for any info.
    I'm still on a learning curve here.

Steve

Was that merchant "NowOnSale.com"? If not, who was it?

YES, it was Nowonsale.com. After I posted I read a little further down the other discussions and saw that NOS seems to like to do this sort of thing. I hope CJ will do something as this is unethical. If nothing is done, I will drop them within the next week or so. I'll give them time to fix the problem.

steveinid,

Did you report it to CJ? If not please do so. I was told by CJ that nothing is going to be done about this merchant unless more people complain.

quote:
    Originally posted by steveinid:
    YES, it was Nowonsale.com. After I posted I read a little further down the other discussions and saw that NOS seems to like to do this sort of thing. I hope CJ will do something as this is unethical. If nothing is done, I will drop them within the next week or so. I'll give them time to fix the problem.

Pretty sleazy. If you place an item in the cart and checkout you'll see a field above the credit card information field whick asks,

How did you hear about us?

The pull down options are,

DealTime
    Epinions
    Yahoo
    Google
    LookSmart
    Ebay
    Price Grabber
    Nextag
    Print
    Other

So even though you sent the visitor to that site and the visitor purchased you have little chance of being credited. The only way I see you being credited is if the visitor chooses "Other". SO your chances of getting credit are 1 in 10. Your CJ cookie is worth S**t with this merchant.

quote:
    Did you report it to CJ? If not please do so. I was told by CJ that nothing is going to be done about this merchant unless more people complain.

I wonder just exactly how many people have to complain before CJ takes action?

Obviously one isn't enough. I wonder why CJ doesn't enforce their quality control on this merchant? Who cares what the buyer selects as their reason for hearing about the site, if the CJ cookie was set from an affiliate site, that's all that matters!

Please do file a complaint with CJ, and make sure to keep on them until you get a response. This is out and out fraud, and it's wrong for CJ to allow it to continue. One complaint should be enough!

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread