ABW Ambassador
    Wow. 2 reversals in as many minutes.

Sovietski - invalid credit card

IRVs Luggage - Cant ship/not in stock or some such lame excuse. So what? Sort out your damn inventory and dont penalise affiliates for doing their job.

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

Andy,

Really sorry you got a reversal from Irvs. I don't do reversals for them, but they don't wait til the 10th if they know the sale cannot ship - they reverse it right away.

I researched it for you and it turns out you were using an OLD link that expired on December 7th.
    Link ID # 6308361
    Link Name Cow Parade - Resin Can't Have A Parade #9128
    Link Status Expired 7-Dec-2002

You may have other bad links that can't ship as well, since product lines change all the time. We have a new CJ product catalog uploaded every day to keep links fresh and make any inventory adjustments. I know you have access to our free external datafeed
    too so maybe it's time to refresh your links. In fact that link was so old it went to an invalid page that redirected to the home page, since that page is no longer there.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Linda Buquet
    Affiliate Manager
    Irvs.com Luggage Warehouse
    Powered by LinkProfits.com

I got the same reversal today ($280 order) from Irv's with the same reason. No, we do not advertise their products just the site in general.

ABW Ambassador
    Linda
    How did someone order an item that is no longer in the catalogue - or am I misunderstanding what you said? If someone followed my old link and then ordered something else - should I not get a commission?

Andy Williams

Keyword DARTs - New search engine optimization software
    http://www.affiliate-masters.co.uk/k...timization.htm

ABW Ambassador
    Concerning Commission Junction and reversals...

facts:

I have joined a total of eight third party networks, and have had only one reversal, other than through CJ; Linkshare.com. Giftbaskets.com. I posted a request in their forum, here, at ABW, asking as to where I could find the reason for the reversal and never got a reply. However, with CJ... I have lost count, in the last two years, as to how many reversals I have had. Most of the other networks I am affiliated with, provide me with lead commission advertisers. None of those leads have been reversed, as of this posting. Most certainly, imo, I would have had some reversals through CJ with the same advertisers.

I don't understand how, on some sales transactions, there can be a reason for "unqualified lead". (wtf?) I do not understand how there can be so many reversals. There is definitely something wrong with this, as it it does not appear to happen in any of the other networks. at least not to the MAGNITUDE it has with CJ! IMO, either CJ has some serious problems with their tracking, and reporting, or they are enabling advertisers to screw us. The reversals through the CJ network have definitely become noticeable, and is not such a problem elsewhere. Why?

There needs to be a way for affiliates to follow-up with reversals from the advertisers. And I am talking about a 'no way to bullshit' us verifiable way to validate that there was indeed a reason to reverse the transaction. At one time, I used CJ advertisers, exclusively. I am now turning more to other networks. CJ use to be highly regarded as a network that looked after affiliates. On time checks, consolidation of commissions, real time reporting, etc... BUT NOW, with the lack of backbone they have placed on the code of conduct, and ALL THESE REVERSALS, they don't seem to be so affiliate friendly anymore.

Big Chuck
    If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch!

Andy & Yikole,

I am at a loss since I don't do the reversals or have access to their accounting or inventory. I will contact the person who did the reversals and find out exactly what the products were or the exact reasons for the reversals in more detail.

Andy, what you said makes perfect sense. I was just gathering any info I could that may be helpful so I focused on the old link, but you are right. Since the link did not go to that product and redirected to the home page, they must have bought something else and that product was out of stock.

Chuck, I agree with a lot you are saying. I am also an affiliate so I understand your position as well.

One thing that would help somewhat is something that merchants and affiliates have asked CJ for, for a long time. And that is more and better explanations for reversal reasons and a field to add a personal reply explaining the transaction. I know that in the past when I handled transaction details for another merchant, many times a sale could not ship - but the reversal selections in the CJ control panel were so limited that I just had to pick a reason that was close. But then I would always take the time to email the affiliate and explain exactly what happened. Most don't. Having a note field in the reversal section would help make it easier for managers to explain what happened to the sale.

At any rate, I will get to the bottom of the reversals above and have the Director of Marketing that actually does the reversals send you each a detailed reason and any supporting transaction details.

Linda Buquet
    Affiliate Manager
    Irvs.com Luggage Warehouse