How come most (if not all) product links don't include the item price?

Don't you think that people are less inclined to click on "buy" when they don't know the product's price?

Do you include the price in your product links even if the merchant doesn't?

If you start adding prices then the update work becomes enormous given the number of times pricing can change, especially for product areas like PC components.

Personally, where the merchant lets me, I always change "buy" to "more info", "pricing info" or the equivalent.

For people to actually buy, they need to see other things at a site like shipping info, customer service numbers, customer testimonials etc. Since those won't normally appear at the affiliate site, I think a lot of people simply won't click the "buy" button as it stands.

quote:
    Originally posted by MJCB:
    If you start adding prices then the update work becomes enormous given the number of times pricing can change, especially for product areas like PC components.

Personally, where the merchant lets me, I always change "buy" to "more info", "pricing info" or the equivalent.

For people to actually buy, they need to see other things at a site like shipping info, customer service numbers, customer testimonials etc. Since those won't normally appear at the affiliate site, I think a lot of people simply won't click the "buy" button as it stands.

Thanks, MJCB. I agree with you. I've always thought that the "buy" button in the product links wasn't very convincing, being that there isn't enough information for a purchase. I mean, it does work at some level (people do buy from it), but I beleive that changing "buy" to "more info" or something similar is a great idea, and should work better.

quote:
    Originally posted by netsu:
    I mean, it _does_ work at some level (people do buy from it), but I beleive that changing "buy" to "more info" or something similar is a great idea, and should work better.

I strongly agree, too!
    Why don't we ask Todd to intercede and set this as a default?
    Monica

ABW Ambassador
    Not including the price has been reported by case studies as the most important error for an ecommerce site.

Fer

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread