Hello all.....

We're in the process of re-doing the creative for the Rugman.com program, and I was hoping to get some input on what format you preferred....

So, here's you chance.... Let me know what you're looking for - size wise - so that we can create the best graphic offering to meet your needs.

We've got the standard (468 * 60) but what other sizes do you find the most useful? Do you prefer text or banner? Do you prefer offers (e.g. Coupon Codes) or standard?

I really want to know...

Paul

www.Rugman.com
    Where the World Comes To Buy Rugs

Hi Paul,

I use both!

my favorite banner size is 300x300 including rotation + your special on it.

Coupon Code is a big plus.

I usually use the advance linking and just go through your site and create it.

but the rotation banner is included with the page layout!

thanks for asking us!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

ABW Ambassador
    Graphics are something I usually create myself using the ones at a merchant's site when I link directly. But I notice you don't have it set up at CJ to allow for advanced linking capabilities. See if you can allow advanced URL linking. That's the only way I put up more than a couple links to any merchant. With it, you get pages worth of links. Without, WE get squat.

As far as images, by all means get CREATIVE with your creatives. I rotate banners everywhere. 468 x 60 is cool just as long as there are no 800 numbers and there's more information other than your name.

Also, if you've ever visited my site (please don't mention that here if you have) then you'd have noticed I also have directories using the 234 x 60 size images as well. But, for the most part, even if you create your own images, I create my own anyway using the tracking code available and make your image into a 1 x 1.

Also, even with images, please make them go to different locations in your site, like one for every Category.

By the way, a TEXT link to every category is appreciated MORE because the code string will be shorter than if we create each one with advanced URL redirection.

Thanks. Glad you made it Paul . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

Thanks for the info so far.

Cyclone.... by "advanced URL linking" do you mean we should allow link destination changes?

If so, I'll check to make sure this doesn't cause any tracking problems and set that up asap.

Finally, I've noticed several program-specific threads under the CJ heading. Is it o.k. for me to set one of those up, or is that restricted to people who've been on the boards for a while. We're in the middle of a significant upgrade on our CJ program, and it would be a good place to let everyone know about changes, promotions, etc.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Paul

www.Rugman.com
    Where the World Comes to Buy Rugs

Due to different formats/layouts on different sites, I use sizes 468x60, 120x60, 125x125, 120x240, and occasionally other sizes when space allows. Text links to different categories are helpful. Self updating or rotational creatives are very helpful in that they do not need close attention for freshness.

By all means, try to keep the file sizes small.
    10K or smaller is ideal for a 468x60 creative. The smaller the file size the better.

Excessive or fast animation is not exceptable. A page full of animated banners is very annoying to the shoppers.

Gene
    TCS

Hello Paul, and thanks for asking!
    Few merchants indeed ask us what we prefer... and we are the ones that sell via your means - so thanks again.
    I prefer text links since I have content-oriented shopping sites, and I think that your products are too expensive and too stylish for a simple "hey look at me" animated banner.

Good work, post some news about your site restyling,
    cheers,
    Monica

Hi Monica,

Thanks for the product compliment.

I've noticed that our creative seems to be very heavily "banner" oriented, and we're working on this thanks to some great input.

I've also posted a bunch more Text links, in particular - a link to individual style pages.

We also have a site that will convert any page on our site to a CJ-Friendly code, if anyone wants that URL, let me know and I'll forward it your way.

I really like this board, and I'm glad I've met the people here. What a GREAT space.

Paul

The Greatest Power You Possess Is The Power To Choose.

Rugman.com (Merchant Through CJ)

Paul, you asked .... and you listen to!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PaulS:
    I've also posted a bunch more Text links, in particular - a link to individual style pages.
    [QUOTE]

They're perfect!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PaulS:
    We also have a site that will convert any page on our site to a CJ-Friendly code, if anyone wants that URL, let me know and I'll forward it your way.
    [QUOTE]

I'd like to have that URL, I'll ask for it via CJ webmail.

Thanks Paul!

Cheers,
    Monica

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread