Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    I've been speaking with many more affiliate managers lately attempting to make them more aware of the ongoing parasite problems. The latest attempt to date is this thread for the benefit of all, but more to the AM of Rugman.com who apparently didn't realize parasites are still walking all over us.

So the invite was made today . . . to wit the correspondence:
    quote:
    10281922 ebates banner
    Date: 21-May-2003, 12:29 PDT
    Message : Would you mind explaining why you're affiliating with ebates?

Subject: 10281922 ebates banner
    Date: 23-May-2003, 14:33 PDT
    In short, parasiteware, use an application that pops up on affiliate sites that removes OUR code, over-writing them with their own, eliminating our commissions. It also costs YOU. I''m not very good at explaining as others are much better at it but I might suggest you partake in merchant and affiliate discussions at Abestweb.com

It''s for everyones'' benefit that you do . . .

Thank you . . . hope to see you there . . . you can start at the Commission Junction forum threads located here:
    http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...79&f=106607689

--- Original Message Separator ---
    I didn't realize that they where?
    Please explain..
    Now, I guess I lay in wait for his/her attendance . . . wish us luck and try to help out. I'm not very good at explaining all the complexities involved. I just know my emotional reactions to parasites

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

[Edited as a CYA]

[This message was edited by Haiko on May 23, 2003 at 06:33 PM.]

ABW Ambassador
    If I were you, and, I'm definitely not, and I could be way off base, but, I'd insert the word allegedly a few times in there. IANAL by any means but just a friendly comment.

ABW Ambassador
    I believe I've seen enough screen captures to not have to assume they're anything but what they are . . . theiving *^%$%$* . . . I don't hide from anything. I just wish I knew where they LIVED~! Allegedly my ASS~!

What does IANAL stand for?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

I totally agree with you cyclone but don't forget they have stacks of our money to use in the courts and also a while back they were sending their goons round to some ABW members houses (if not ebates it was some other big parasite). It might be better to err on the safe side is all I'm saying.

Travel safe
    Gordon
    YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    IANAL means either you like weird sex stuff, or
    I Am Not A Lawyer

OK, leave it, I am just saying be careful. I definitely agree that what they are doing is not right. I hesitate to use stronger language than that, at least not the words you used, especially in these days when our rights have eroded to almost nothing.

Try this instead.

Dear affiliate manager.

I see that you are partnering with e-bates. This program has caused a great deal of discussion among affiliates, many of whom vow to never again partner with a merchant, such as yourself, simply because of the affiliation they have with e-bates. This may be causing you to lose an untold amount of money from those who refuse to join your program and from those who have dropped you as a merchant without bothering to even tell you why.

I know you want to attract as many high quality producing affiliates as possible. Therefore, I cordially request your participation in a discussion of this important issue at http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=frm&...79&f=106607689

I look forward to seeing you there and having the value of your insight.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    I did try not to alienate the Rugman AM....maybe it seems as though I was blaming them but I was not. You guys know me better than that. I'd have blown the doors away if I thought different. I did as cordial an invitation as I could. And, if I could explain it as well as everyone here, I would have . . . but, I'm only human . . . at last peek I was anyway~!

Brian
    aka Cyclone

quote:
    I did as cordial an invitation as I could. And, if I could explain it as well as everyone here, I would have

No critism was intended and I hope it was not taken that way. What I wrote, I put some thought into, and it was offered as a suggestion, only that.

I am sure there is still much room for improvement on it. I do think it would be nice if we did send such letters to AMs and get some of them here. It is a great idea.

Please, anyone who wants to offer another alternative or improve the above, have at it.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Cyclone,

You didn't alienate us... in fact, I'm glad you brought it to our attention. For us, the fact that many of our publishers are concerned about even the possibility that another publisher is getting credit for their commissions is enough.

I have expired the Ebates program, unfortunately, it will take 7 days for it to come off the system.

We value the partnerships we've created with our affiliates, and I don't want anything to jeapordize that.

Thanks again...

Paul

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like i gotta put some links up

PaulS,

Hi and welcome to ABW!

We need AMs like you ... hang around a bit, you also have access to our AM only forum ( www.affiliate-manager.com )

WTG Brian!

Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli

Nice store, good deals. Hadn't heard of you before but I just signed up!
    Hope to be selling rugs for you soon!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Thanks.

I've only been with Rugman for a few months, but it's a great company and I find it so upsetting when I discover that people are being taken advantage of this way.

I wish I'd known about this site a loooooonnnnng time ago.

Keep up the good work.

Don't forget though, it takes 7 days for CJ affiliates to be officially removed, so - if you do join - you may not want to post the links until the "All Clear" on May 31st.

Paul

Just hurry up and approve me. Sadly I have no other plans this holiday weekend so I might as well get some rug links up and start selling!
    I used to have a life before I started this obsession!

Connie Berg

O.k., o.k., calm down. You're officially approved.

Paul

Thanks, already have a few basic links up for you! You might want to remove the "ebates banner" in CJ in case some affiliates see it and start going off on you and they aren't aware of you dropping them!

Connie Berg

Welcome PaulS ,

I am one of your affiliate and we just haven't had many luck of sales even though we do send click through. (but I think that would be change soon!).

You do have great rugs and huge selection too.

Thank you for your support and you will have lot's of support from us honest affiliates!

What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.

Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Eeek... Missed that.

It's been changed.

Paul

By the way Cyclone,

Ton's of Kudos for you!

one step at a time!

slowly but surely we can all make a difference!

Hi Nova!

Hi PaulS

I be working on your product after fishing tomorrow and freshen up my rug page!

------------------------------
    ------------------------------

ABW Ambassador
    #1) its fri night (sat morning) on a holdiay weekend - WTF are you all still doing working?

#2) WTF is pauls? I thought it was mr. nichols at first.....obvioulsy not...

#3) HTF did u know who pauls was, i must be missing something. Again, its a holiday weekend, and, well I've been partaking appropriately. I hope all you are too......if not you're p******s.

#4) I have nothing against rug munchers..

#5) Thank you Paul for Doing The Right Thing(tm).

#6) I applaud Brian for his strong stance. I just don't want Brian to be the court case that tests it. There is a merchant that recently got a forum on ABW (no names) that has sued everyone who used their name or spoke negative about them (shame on you Haiko!), I'd hate to see Brian be the test case for an "affiliate" doing the same thing.

#7) I hope you all have a great memorial day holiday, and I hope that there is 0 traffic to ABW during it. There are more important things in life. (I'll probably still be here.. )

----
    -JM
    Banana Free in 2003. (and 2004, 2005, 2006, ...)

Way to go, Brian!

Thanks for doing the right thing, Paul!

This shows that so many still don't know what's going on! We have to continue to get the word out to the people who can make things better for everyone!

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

Good job Brian, and welcome Paul.

When I was an affiliate program manager for a program at CJ this place was a great resource. Now I am a full-time affiliate and will check out your program to see how it can fit in with what I am doing.

More affiliates need to vote with their keyboards and only promote merchants who kicks out the Parasites.

Paul: I suggest checking in here daily, contribute to relevent topics (after adding a signature/url to your posts) and keep track of ABW members as a seperate bucket in CJ. If we start making money for you think about getting your own forum here to post newsletters, new creative, competitions, coupons etc.

Regards,

Mark Mitford
    RevShares.com
    Solutions for Affiliate Program Managers

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    There is a merchant that recently got a forum on ABW (no names) that has sued everyone who used their name or spoke negative about them (shame on you Haiko!)

Somehow I missed the poop on this one - spill the beans dude!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast