I just got this email and in my opinion it is bogus. The sender address just does not jive. Would CJ care to respond to this and perhaps validate it?

quote:
    Dear Publisher,

Per the previous announcement email, eBay is conducting a test of a new Active Registration tiered incentive structure with enhanced compensation levels as outlined below. The test will run from May 15 through August 31, 2003.

Total Monthly Active Registrations Compensation for Active Registrations
    0 - 500 $6.00
    501 - 2,000 $9.00
    2,001 - 5,000 $10.00
    5,001 - 10,000 $11.00
    >10,000 $12.00

On June 1, 2003, your Program Terms will reflect this new structure. The base Active Registration rate will be increased to $6.00, and your performance incentives will reflect the enhanced compensation schedule. For the period of May 15 through May 31, 2003, we will manually assess, pro-rate and calculate your performance incentives. These incentive payments will be reflected as a bonus payment in your July balance. The current Bid and Buy-It-Now tiered incentive structures will remain in effect.

We also wish to take this opportunity to remind you of the recently announced eBay Affiliates Hawaii Vacation Contest. eBay will be awarding three deluxe Hawaii vacations for two based on Active Registration performance from May 15 through June 30, 2003. For complete details and restrictions for the contest, please see the Official Contest Rules at: http://www.mardenkane.com/ebay/hawai...ion/rules.html

If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this test or the contest, please contact Commission Junction Client Services using the Support drop down "Ask a Question" tool in your Account Manager on www.cj.com or call Commission Junction Client Services at 805-560-0777.

Sincerely,
    eBay Publisher Support

This message was sent by an advertiser in the Commission Junction network based on the mail settings selected in your account. Commission Junction does not send messages to individuals outside of its network and guards the privacy of all information received. To unsubscribe from receiving this type of message, login http://members.cj.com/member/foundation/login.jsp or visit http://www.cj.com to sign in. Once in the Account Manager, navigate to the mail settings page located within the MAIL tab. You may opt-out of receiving messages from this specific advertiser through their advertiser detail http://members.cj.com/member/foundat...tiserid=672817 page.

Normal emails from ebay through CJ are from Commision_Junction.ebay@cj.com but this one was from CommisionJunction@cj.com .

Anyone else get this?

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

I got one too. Assumed it was real.

I got it - it just looks like an update to the new tiered incentive structure and reminder about the Hawaii contest. I expect to get this from BeFree too.

I thought it was real too, but I never got the original email they refer to and when I check the details of the sender it says this: Received: from qwa24.boldfish-express.net (qwa24.boldfish-express.net [66.77.8.145])

Would that be correct if it was from CJ? I really don't know and am curious.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Though it seems real.

Rosalind Gardner earned $436,797 in 2002 by promoting only affiliate programs. She reveals ALL her secrets step by step in her Super Affiliate Handbook (267 pages) www.renio.biz/rosalind/

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    It came to one of my clients with this FROM address:

-----Original Message-----
    From: owner-marketing@mx4.cj.com [mailto:owner-marketing@mx4.cj.com]On
    Behalf Of CommissionJunction@cj.com
    Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 7:16 PM
    To: xxxxxxxx@cox.net
    Subject: eBay Contest Notification

Owner Marketing on behalf of CJ???
    And mx4 is the spiders domain.

But I assume it's real. People have been talking about this increase for awhile.

FYI BOldfish (above)is an email solution provider so maybe either eBay or CJ is using their services.

Linda Buquet | Affiliate Management Consultant | Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing: zZounds (Music Indie) Irvs Luggage (CJ) RoadLoans (CJ)

I got it yesterday as well. Here's the "from" info:

owner-marketing@mx4.cj.com on behalf of CommissionJunction@cj.com

Seems legit to me, will all the mess ups at CJ lately, someone might have pushed the wrong button when they sent it out.

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread