I have been with CJ for about 4 years and I have a question.. How do we know if the sales are accurate for each sale? It seems that everytime I write to complain about no sales I get the auto responder saying that there will be an answer within 72 hours then out of the blue the very same day I send the complaint I get credit for a sale.. But, if I go for 2 months without complaining I get NO sales at all.. then of course I send in a complaint and POP there is a sale again.. anyone else ever notice this? Makes me wonder how many actual sales I have in a month.. I will admit that I don't get a lot of hits/clicks it adverages 90-150 per 24 hour period. The only place that I usually have a sale is thru Hollywoodmegastore.com, Also, can anyone tell me How in heck y'all make your affiliate stores look like your own store? All I can figure out is how to place a link to the different stores. Is there another editor I need to get?
    Ok, while I am here, I am listed pretty good in Google and have discovered something.. They don't like smoking I guess... Everytime I place the link to the Cigarette affiliate site SenecasTrading Post from CJ I get (0) zero hits thru Google until I remove that link then I start getting hits again? Is that link banned from Google? I know everything I typed here sounds dumb but, it is actual... I know, I need to find something worthwhile in my life but, oh well Life goes on..
    Have a GREAT Day Everyone!

[This message was edited by Georgianna on May 31, 2003 at 04:28 PM.]

Welcome Georgianna ,

I think they call it the On/Off switch!

I know how you feel and it's the same for me and other affiliate will agree.

I don't get a sale between 5 to 10 days and I'll get one or two and then wait another 5 to 10 days.

the click through double and nothing change.

--------------------------------

I learn the html and we create our site by hand.

The pro will give you the advice about how to make your site looks like your own store!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Georgianna,

Just an advice as you're a new member.

Don't post 5 different questions in one message. Be more specific with your questions, go step-by-step. You'll get a better response that way.

ABW Ambassador
    Sam, this aint WMW, she can ask questions any way she wants.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yeah, it's not like she asked us to take her from not knowing what the < head > of the page is, to making $100k a year in a nice, step-by-step guide (unlike another poster who came by a few months ago)!

quote:
    Also, can anyone tell me How in heck y'all make your affiliate stores look like your own store?

I personally don't try to make mine look like a merchant site--"Too nice" doesn't seem to sell all that well, and I think one of the reasons is if the customers think they *were* on a store, and then end up at another store, they think something's wrong.

But I have looked at those sites that seem to be stores themselves, and when it's boiled down it appears that they are actually dropping the product info/pic into their own layout. The most seamless ones seem to use some kind of database so they appear to work in the same way as a common merchant site, too, with category search, etc.

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Yeah, it's not like she asked us to take her from not knowing what the < head > of the page is, to making $100k a year in a nice, step-by-step guide (unlike another poster who came by a few months ago)!
    All you have to do is ask and I'llbe more than happy to tell you how . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

quote:
    Originally posted by SamBay:
    Georgianna,

Well taken.. I was more or less making points asking for suggestions.. also, I know how to make a web page was just asking how to make it like it is a seamless transition like I have seen some sites set up. ie / people who sell Amazon.com products. By looking at their sites no one could guess the items are from Amazon.com

quote:
    Originally posted by Georgianna:
    quote:
    Originally posted by SamBay:
    Georgianna,

Well taken.. I was more or less making points asking for suggestions.. also, I know how to make a web page was just asking how to make it like it is a seamless transition like I have seen some sites set up. ie / people who sell Amazon.com products. By looking at their sites no one could guess the items are from Amazon.com

That is usually done by getting the store's product database (a.k.a. datafeed) and incorporating that info into your site. In case of Amazon, they offer something they "web services". And CJ offers datafeeds of some merchants. To use these databases in your site, you'll need some programmin knowledge like ASP of PHP. If you don't have, there some scripts available that can do it for you.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread