Ok, first off I know I should of known better. Almost anything I have ever tried with GoZing has been a total flop for me only to see reversals show up way down the road. Anyways, that being said:

I decided to try the GoZing phone program because the couple I have been using haven't been doing much lately. Lets just say I was hard up. I added some links and got a couple of sales.

When I logged in tonight I see that they reversed a 45.00 comish. The problem I have a bout it is that I was under the impression that the new them, would not be reversing any sales. I got that impression from their program description in the CJ acnt which reads:

quote:
    Description: Join the goZing.com affiliate program and earn up to $60 for each activated and shipped cellular phone. goZing can service over 95% of the United States with its direct relationships with AT&T Wireless, T-Mobile, NEXTEL, and SunCom. Unlike all other cellular affiliate programs, if a customer is denied for their 1st carrier of choice, goZing will attempt to approve them on other carriers. If the customer is approved on a secondary carrier, you will still receive credit and payment in full. goZing has a 90-day cookie, which is the longest duration compared to our competitors! We do not hold back any of your commission due to charge backs. goZing offers your visitors a FREE phone, FREE accessories, FREE shipping, and short contracts. With the combination of great customer service, fast-free delivery, high customer credit approval, high commission, and 90-day cookie duration, goZing is the smart choice to make serious revenue from your marketing efforts. Join today.

Where they have
    quote:
    We do not hold back any of your commission due to charge backs.
    for some reason led me to believe I would see no reversals. Can anyone explain to me as to what I am missing and what that might mean? The reason for reversal was unqualified lead. Thanks all!

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

have you complained to CJ direct? they have responded positively to complaints about claims in advertising before.

_____
    She was only a stableman's daughter, but all the horsemen knew her.

Herb,

No I haven't but it is probably a good idea. I actually haven't communicated with CJ in probably going on 2 years now. I called them once with a problem and they gave me the wrong answer. Probably should give them another shot though. Thanks!

Coincidence Me baby!

ABW Ambassador
    I had a GoZing phone sale reversed with reason "Unqualified lead". I contacted GoZing. For over 2 weeks, they did not reply. I contacted CJ. Finally GoZing replied back. I asked them 1) do you reverse any sale b) How a phone sale can be reversed with reason "unqualified lead". They replied for the 1st question saying in case of returns, they will reverse. I do not see any problem with that. But they never answer the 2nd question. My understanding is they pay on sale (for phone). I do not have their other lead-based program. How can they reverse with such a reason. This has been 2 months almost. I did not get any answer for the 2nd question.

KC,

I think whats bugging me the most is the part where they say

"We do not hold back any of your commission due to charge backs."

To me that is a misleading statement unless I am reading it wrong. There are company's that do not reverse the sale. Thats what i took that statement as meaning.

I agree with you about not having a problem with a return being reversed but I have a problem with them saying there wont be unless what they are saying means something different.

Either way IMO the statement is misleading or confusing. Either way it is their loss not mine when they don't get my visitors. From the lack of responses you received from them just tells me even more to yank them. Thanks!

Coincidence Me baby!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I would say that statement of theirs is intentionally misleading, and it would take a real stretch to interpret it differently than you did!

~Revenue is King

ABW Ambassador
    The answer to the second question MIGHT BE that on the "final check" the carrier found a problem and stopped shipment.

We sell lots of phones and do the majority of the backend work.
    We do the credit check, employer check and make contact with the applicant when needed.

We then send the application to the carrier and get a response "approved for shipment".

One carrier then sends the order to their shipping department and it is THERE that a final check is done against the "cellular BLACK LIST". Orders can be cancelled at that point. Most affiliate can't deal with this and give us a RATION because it does look BAD. We ended up only working with a handful of affiliates that know and trust us.

If you wish to know more - you can't. "For security reasons the only ones allowed to see the profiles are affiliate managers."

ABW Ambassador
    That's not right answer, Adam. GoZing updates by batch. They update only for shipped orders. When a order has been shipped, how can it be "unqualified lead"? I am not comfortable on the word lead, when it is actually a sale (action type).

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread