Thanks to Haiko for opening this forum. I really need this. After trying CJ and being able to do well for a (short) while and now badly, I joined Linkshare finally. I was so enthusiastic, then I am so lost.

Did anyone ever create your own product link to a specific page and product? Is this a good idea? Is it better or worse to direct a visitor to a page with one specific product or multiple similar products? I tried to create a product link for testing purpose, it's still not going to the right page and right product after 24 hours.

Would really appreciate some input. Thanks!

ABW Ambassador
    You may bot be doing anything wrong. I have found a couple of linkshare merchants who have the product link option, but the links all redirect back to their front page. This is useless, and stupid, to voluntarily place that option in their links area and then redirect visitors back to their front page - what's the point then?

Remember to right click the page to get the url from the properties menu. If you copy the url in the address bar you will get the wrong page. If you have problems with the links just contact the affiliate manager through the email link in their section. You will find contact info in the "accounts" section.

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

Thanks Chuck! The one merchant I tested didn't even get directed to their home page, it went to a page with the subject title without anything else. Anyway I'm going to step back a while - I need to go to "Attitude" and have an adjustment before I try again tomorrow.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Dear AT,

Can you email which merchant you were having problems with. I can have one of our QA people look into it.

Best regards,
    Stephen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AT:
    Thanks Chuck! The one merchant I tested didn't even get directed to their home page, it went to a page with the subject title without anything else. Anyway I'm going to step back a while - I need to go to "Attitude" and have an adjustment before I try again tomorrow.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ABW Ambassador
    Don't you hate when they have it enabled then you spend all that time hunting the site for the perfect products for your site and then create the links....and they just go to the friggin home page!

There is one merchant that converts really great w/product links....but this last month about 7 out of 10 links I create for their products did that!

Why do some of the product pages work, and others redirect??? Does the merchant decide these things, is it something to do with asp or something else entirely......????

Does anyone know?
    :confused:

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread