I still have not recieved payment! They claim they sent you the money. Then they claimed you never got it and they would resend.
    I sent a report to LS about them and NEVER got a reply!
    So my question is -- did you get they money from them and am I EVER going to get paid?????

If you will look at post below, they are a multi-million dollar company. How can a company conduct business like this?

Vicki
    original post below:

Franklin Mint - does anyone else use them and how prompt have they been in the past about paying?

I did fairly well with them over the holidays but still have yet to be paid for Dec. They said the payment would be here by now.

They have some items that would work well on one of my sites that no one else has. (for a targeted audience)But I don't want to keep sending them traffic and sales if they are going to always be tardy in paying.(or not pay at all!!)

Geeze, with the kind of money they make, you would think they would have no problems in sending out their checks in a timely mannor.

If you have had any experience with them, would love to hear.

Thanks,
    Vicki

[ 03-06-2002: Message edited by: Vicki ]

The Franklin Mint a billion-dollar-a-year business:

One of the biggest spenders in the U.S. corporate community, with an annual advertising budget of well over $100 million.

Roll International. The centerpiece of the Resnicks' empire is The Franklin Mint, the world's largest collectibles company, with operations in about 15 countries.

2000 Sales (mil.): $825.0 (est.)

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Far as their ability to convert targeted traffic to their collectables ...??? On six sites I maintain that have some banner and product links to specific collectables ...1872 clicks produced not one sale in 2 years. Not about to make that 100,000 clicks to see if they even convert at that level. Brick-n-mortar companies do fine on the Internet but Pure play advertisers like Franklin Mint selling monthly payment plans or plates etc. etc ..automatically divert 90% of the orders which would create a commission. ZERO cookie days used to be their main scamm ..then the shopping cart intercept popups giving 800#. Never heard of anyone EVER getting a check from them so maybe your reaching the minimum floored their affiliate manager.

Some merchants really never plan on cutting affiliate checks and drop you before the first payments come due. Somewhere here some new merchant spammed the board with a hot offer to promote their program which had a 500.00 minimum.

Hell Gateway computers had a private affiliate deal and before they layoff their affiliate manager the coordinator bragged they only cut 5 checks to over 15,000 takers. Something spinning a penny a click with a hundred dollar quarterly payout with no comish on sales. Their fraud prevention script plug-in negated most all recording of legit clicks. They're bankrupt now anyhow so the plan to stiff affiliates really didn't save them.

bump

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Franklin Mint isn't a dead beat. They just have never sold anything for cash off their web site. Must be frustrating for them to have to figure out why a few million clicks a month produces no sales commissions for the working affiliates.

Actually, they converted very well for me. I had highly targeted traffic that wanted what they were selling - no problem. I can continue to convert for them if and only if they show good faith and I don't have to wait forever for a check.

Vicki

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>they are a multi-million dollar company. How can a company conduct business like this?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a look at my post about Walmart.com. What the hell is up with these giant merchants???

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread