ABW Ambassador
    Hi, got a question:

One of my merchants didn't credit sales from the last few days of Feb until March 5. These sales aren't showing up on my payment report as part of my balance due for the month of Feb.

Who should I contact about the incorrect $ amount? Linkshare or the merchant??

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thanks for your question. There can be a few reasons why sales have not yet appeared. The first is that some merchants don't count a sale until it is shipped. The second is that we invoice merchants on process date (i.e. the date the transactions were sent to linkshare and not the date the transaction took place). If that is not the right answer send and email to our help group and they can investigate further.

Best regards,
    Stephen

ABW Ambassador
    Hi, I'll send the email.

The sales showed up on March 5th for Feb 27/28 (in my daily stats)- but my payment reports for Feb didn't reflect the change.

For example the reports state that for Feb the total due is $247

This is without the $87 from sales on the 27/28th of feb. and of course these sales won't show in March's payment/earnings either because they should be included in Feb total.

[ 03-07-2002: Message edited by: MsMarySunshine ]

Affiliate Network Rep
    Dear MsMarySunshine,

I could not say anything yesterday because the new tool had not launched but you might want to log in an look at a new feature called "Transaction Inquiry". This tool allows you to ask the merchant directly about any transaction questions you may have.

I hope you enjoy it.

Best regards,
    Stephen

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks!!

I saw that this morning and have been "Playing around" with it to see what all of the capabilities are. Great stuff, keep it coming!

Vicki

[ 03-09-2002: Message edited by: Vicki ]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nice move Steve on getting right down to the individual transaction reports with a followup form. I'm seriously looking over adding a few new LS merchants since several there like WatchZone and CoffeeDirect, Outlet Mall and Dexter Shoes require some site changes. Thank God it's not like last year at this time as the merchants start to understand the role we play in optimizing their advertising dollars.

ABW Ambassador
    Somebody pinch me....

I do believe Mike had something nice to say to Stephen Messer. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Obstinatedon

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thanks Mike,

We keep trying to launch new tools to make your life easier. More are on the way.

Stephen

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nice to see your trying to distance your network from the others by assisting the affiliates with meaningful reports. You do need a report card for your merchants. Score them on their ability to convert traffic by publishing their click to sales ratio. Merchant "A" averages 150 clicks to achieve a sale where Merchant "B" averages 435 clicks per sale. The number trend shows if a merchant can improve his ratio to recruit more affiliates by focusing his landing pages.

ABW Ambassador
    It appears Linkshare is trying to improve, and I applaud their efforts, but all the reports in the world aren't worth a hoot if you can't get them.

12:30 EST Sunday ... have been trying for half an hour to get Linkshare reports but appears the server is down once again.

My time is valuable and can be spent analyzing data on other programs. Linkshare is becoming a distant third for me, and a lot has to do with the frequent inability to get reports when I need them, along with some of the most mysterious tracking/reporting on the web.

Steve, are these problems going to be corrected? I think it's hurting Linkshare a lot and hate to see a great program slipping away.

Me Too! I'm so tired of never knowing whether I'll be able to access my stats at LS!
    If it's your lucky day and you do make it past the front page to actually run reports, then you go through a nail biting time wondering whether they'll load...or whether you should try again later!
    grrrrrr!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread