Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    hey man, when will Linkshare go to consolidated commission payments? I just made a 45 dollar sale for office depot, and I got a whopping 90 cents! In all likelyhood, it will be a very long time before I get a check from them. However, if the commission payment was combined with all the other nickel and dime merchants in your network, I might actually get something each month.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>when will Linkshare go to consolidated commission payments?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I second. The only reason why I partner with less than a handful of LinkShare merchants, and promote only 1-1/2 of them simply because they don't have consolidated commission payment.

LinkShare, think about this. If you make the change, you may have more affiliates to join your programs, i.e., more revenue for you (and for us).

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Consolidatingg payments at Linkshare requires thta the whole group of merchants have to approve the process and fund an escrow account. This would defeat the purpose of the major BRANDING players there who could give a crap about sales or having to payout to a dwindling excrow account for the smaller webmasters. We all look forward to this necessary change since it signals a change in the networks focus to pay per performance not advertising.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi everyone,

Consolidated payments is a major project here at LinkShare. Over the past few months we have listened to what it is you have been asking for and have put a lot of effort towards getting you new tools and technologies to make your life easier. We hope to be able to launch this new payment system soon, but at the same time I want to make sure it addresses all your concerns. Hope when it launches you will all be happy.

Stephen

[ 04-15-2002: Message edited by: smesser ]

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks. I will point out, though, that this update has been sometime in planning, according to rumor control. I look forward to your implementation of this payment method. Please keep us updated. IMHO, ALL checks should come from LS, and in one lump. I would think LS would increase its earnings, as well, unless ya'll are getting your cuts even if we dont earn enough for a check from a particular merchant(?)

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: Big Chuck ]

And please dont forget the Direct Deposit feature if you guys plan to make consolidated payments. It would really come in handy. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stephen,
    Can you provide us a time frame as to when this will launch? I am pretty excited. And I know a lot of affiliates will be happy with this move. I think this is the last hindrance before affiliates move in big-time promoting LS merchants.

:cool:

wly
    you betcha! As soon as I hear that linkshare has gone consolidated my pages will see their first linkshare features - and lots of them.

The day that linkshare goes to consoldated payments will be the first day in the demise of CJ.

Freesurf, I agree!!!

"Consolidated payments is a major project here at LinkShare. Over the past few months we have listened to what it is you have been asking for and have put a lot of effort towards getting you new tools and technologies to make your life easier. We hope to be able to launch this new payment system soon, but at the same time I want to make sure it addresses all your concerns. Hope when it launches you will all be happy.

Stephen"

Stephen you need to go back and read the Questions and answers you addressed on this issue 1 year ago on the Cashpile forum. Implementing the Linkshare ASP application coding for consolidated payments doesn't require 12 -18 months. It only requires your CEO commitment to enforce this on your merchant group. The actual grunt work takes a few weeks of programming followed by a few weeks of parallel testing to develop network wide commission accounting by affiliate ID#. I don't think your getting cooperation from this LS merchant group who have ridden the FREE Branding Traffic money train for 3 years. Why do they object to paying affiliates commisions on a monthly aggregrated basis??

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>We hope to be able to launch this new payment system soon, but at the same time I want to make sure it addresses all your concerns<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only concern is that you actually do it.

I think a good start to consolidated payments would be to start with new merchants who join Linkshare. Then leave it up to the old merchants if they want to join in.

You might think well why would they join when they don't have to. One good reason and it's a big reason is that I wouldn't promote them if the merchant didn't join the consolidated payments. Neither would most affiliates. We would be joining all the merchants that volunteered for consolidated payments. JMO!

See how reasonable an temporary solution like the one above is logical. Every promise BeFree offered got put off ..til 4th quarter. Problem is they aren't willing to say in what year that 4th quarter falls in.

Hm. Methinks I've heard this one before too.

Its a real deal with the Devil to sign up with Linkshare. Should you ever want out of the pact your reputation is ruined because Linkshare won't give up the information neccessary to pay off your affiliates. And the affiliate won't get their money because Linkshare says "contractually, we are not responsible".

Responsibility in 'negligence' is an interesting question though.

Any merchant who signs up with Linkshare is either misinformed, crooked or crazy. Consolidated payments won't make any difference.

I

Looking forward to seeing what comes out, hopefully it'll be a good next step for Linkshare.

I agree with wly - you should try to include wire transfers for payments if an affiliate would prefer this means.

ABW Ambassador
    From Icicle, "Any merchant who signs up with Linkshare is either misinformed, crooked or crazy. Consolidated payments won't make any difference."

Sounds like an incredibly biased opinion Icicle. Having read many of your generally baseless diatribes in the past however, I see that you are, once again, simply stirring the pot.

Stephen Messer offers us affiliates hope in that LS is actually working on a consolidated payment structure, which is what was asked in the first place for this thread, and yet - you aparently feel forced to offer snide opinion in place of honest discussion.

One would reasonably wonder what your motivation might be for the continued libelous comments?

Obstinatedon

Hey Don,

Steve dosen't offer anything to affiliates except the chance to get screwed.

Take "The Street." The guy owes us $100 and has for 4 months or so. The guy who owns the street has his own TV show on CNBC.

Can we get his direct phone number from Snare to call him to send us our money - NO.
    Would Steve help to collect - NO.

As Mike said...all this was promised last July and more. I have a copy of everything Steve said in the Cashpile forum and I am going to crucify him in court with his own words as soon as the appeal time expires from the suit we had to deal with about the stock transfer and compensation for the shooting incident.

It's just a matter of time until Steve and Snare are toast.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Its a real deal with the Devil to sign up with Linkshare. Should you ever want out of the pact your reputation is ruined because Linkshare won't give up the information neccessary to pay off your affiliates. And the affiliate won't get their money because Linkshare says "contractually, we are not responsible".~Icicle"

WHAT! That's worse than even I imagined. You're basically saying that even merchants who want to do things right and honest, CANNOT, if they dare to leave LS?! That's revolting!

Obstinate, this pot needed stirring. I would have stirred it myself but I hadn't looked at this thread before now.

GameBoy and FreeSurf-- If they really implement consolidated payments and establish a record of paying quickly, the race certainly will heat up. But don't be so sure about it being the beginning of the end of CJ, either. I highly doubt CJ will just stand there with their (insert phrase here) and just allow LS to beat 'em!

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> your reputation is ruined because Linkshare won't give up the information neccessary to pay off your affiliates.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>um, KBToys paid up -- they were obviously given the info they needed.

>Stephen Messer offers us affiliates hope

Which I'm sure I'll pass on next time my bills need paying.

Obstinatedon, I'll quit going on about it when I get the money I'm owed. And if you care about it that much you can always pay me yourself.

Cedric - its possible he's changed his policy by now. I hope so.

I

ABW Ambassador
    Icicle, how did you find out about this "policy"? Is it documented somewhere?

ABW Ambassador
    "Its a real deal with the Devil to sign up with Linkshare. Should you ever want out of the pact your reputation is ruined because Linkshare won't give up the information neccessary to pay off your affiliates. And the affiliate won't get their money because Linkshare says "contractually, we are not responsible".~Icicle"

Leader, that is absolute rubbish. I have read the LinkShare merchant agreement, and have agreed to the affilite agreements both of LS, and of the many merchants I have joined through their program. The fact is, and you can check with any of the LS merchants to see if this is true, that merchants with LS can actually download their affiliate information to an excel spreadsheet when their term of service is over so that they can continue to work with them. Not so with any other provider.

You are a CJ apologist to the Nth degree Leader, while I am an advocate for the entire industry. What you seem to lack is perspective, sorry.

Icicle.... No, I am not going to pay, but you might try doing talking directly to the merchants since you have an agreement with them that binds them as well as yourself. But, chances are, you have never read any of those; therefore, you simply prefer to blame the provider.

Obstinatedon

Cedric, I've heard it from two different ex-merchants.

I thought it was common knowledge :/

Why don't we ask Steve if he's always allowed access to the affiliate list of a merchant trying to leave his program?

[edited to add]

(Obstinatedon)
    >merchants with LS can actually download their affiliate information to an excel spreadsheet when their term of service is over so that they can continue to work with them.

Even if they are locked out of their account?

I

[ 04-19-2002: Message edited by: Icicle ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Obstinatedon,

Did you choose to ignore the fact that I was QUOTING ICICLE about the policy...? Your response seems as if you thought *I* said it first...

Anyway, when I had signed up with LS I did try to read their Merchant Terms, but as I recall that wasn't publicly available and I wasn't interested in pretending to want to be a merchant.

They may have changed that availability by now. It's been a while since I looked.

I have read excuses from at least one merchant using the "cannot get to account info" excuse for not paying. Deadbeat excuses vary, but I would not be surprised if that one happened to be true.

As for PERSPECTIVE, my perspective is this: I'm in business to get paid!

As for The Terms--Your assertion that the Terms should be considered satisfactory forever because they were "agreed to" at one time, is like saying a person should ride a tricycle forever--simply because at one point, the "tricycle" was all they knew of, and had agreed to ride it at that point.

Sorry, but No Thanks.

[ 04-19-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast