Check out this description for the justgive.org program as listed in Linkshare:

"We are offering you a 0% commission on items purchased by visitors who are referred to us from your site.

Once you are approved for our program, you can use the code we supply to generate links from your site to ours. We offer you a variety of links and link types. Use your creativity and your knowledge of the people who come to your site to choose the types of links that will be most appealing and most likely to invite clicks. The more your links lead to sales on our site, the more money your site will earn."

WOW! :eek: 0%!! QUICK, I'm going to run and get those links up NOW!

My partner just pointed out that their program is similar to Bay9... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Edited because of new info that came to light!!! :eek:

[ 05-08-2002: Message edited by: GameBoy ]

FYI: JustGive.org is non-profit and for donating to charitable organizations. This was taken from their site:

If you have a website, you can help increase charitable giving and volunteering by directing your visitors to JustGive.org. You can even choose buttons that are specific to a cause you care about. Below is a sample of a general banner you can add to your website. Join today!

So, as an affiliate there is no profit to be made but this is a way to get your customers to donate to a charity of your choice.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>So, as an affiliate there is no profit to be made but this is a way to get your customers to donate to a charity of your choice. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... and gives us a chance to illustrate to end users that we really *are* the good guys in light of the Morpheus/Wurld/Lexy issue and not just another greedy group squabbling for a piece of internet profits.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Not to jump in on everyone here, but Justgive.org is a great charity site and we are happy to be a part of it. LS does not make money from them, but we are glad to be able to help out the community in any way we can so if our program can help drive people to donate to worthy causes we want to be a part of it.

Best regards,
    Stephen

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'll add them to several of my client sites since they are in no way associated with Morphous's phoney charity offering. Would be nice Steve if they expressed their displeasure on the Morpheous "Lexy charity" on their pages or an e-mail. Many of their visitors (40-60%)will have the P2P parasite installed.

Do we know for definite the Lexy Foundation is bogus? It rings all my alarm bells, and I note I haven't had a reply from 'Aim High', but I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility that some of our stolen money ends up there.

Is it the FTC who investigates this kind of thing?

I

@Icicle

The FTC = Federal Trade Commission - they would be more likely to investigate the corporate side of an issue, false advertising claims and such, than charities. Charities are more the jurisdiction of the IRS and Attorney General of the respective state. In this case it would probably be New York although it could be Tennessee. I don't think they would want to risk the wrath of New Yorks Att'y Gen'l as they seem to be very aggressive.

AH, the mystery is solved - thanks for clearing that up, you have to admit it does come across as pretty funny at first reading [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread