ABW Ambassador
    I got a call from the folks who are managing the WalMart program last week telling me that WalMart had finally decided to raise their percentage of sales for some of us who had been good producers. Further, she said that WalMart was going to open the program to the general populace of affiliates at anywhere from 5% to 10% of sales.

I saw the notice on Monday that they had done this very thing; however, their jewelry sales were locked at a $10.00 maximum. This does not affect me as I do not promote WalMart jewelry. Did anyone else get this notice?

Obstinatedon

[Edited because I am gramatically challenged this time of day]

[ 06-06-2002: Message edited by: Obstinatedon ]

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    they are at LinkShare and, like you say, seem to have % from 5 to 10 with limits on some items. The return days is still zero, though, which reeks.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Don does this mean Walmart is going to kick out their affiliate management company and bring control of this program inhouse? From what I've heard from other affiliates walmart hasn't really tried to setup any links that convert by landing on affiliate friendly pages. They still after 2 years haven't upgraded creatives of even tried DHTML hot product displays like the Newbeew there Overstock.com

Sales and Activity Report EcomCity
    6/1/2001 - 6/8/2002

Merchant Name Impressions Click-Throughs C/I(%) # of Orders # of Items # of Items Canceled O/C(%) Sales($) Commissions($)
    Walmart.com 256,648 2,730 1.06% 4 6 0 0.15% $533.51 $16.01
    Report Totals: 256,648 2,730 1.06% 4 6 (0) 0.15% $533.51 $16.01

Thank God I haven't showcased them at 1% commish with Zero cookie days or that traffic figure would be triple that amount. I did give them 2914 clicks the prior year with a whopping 13.43 in commissions. Hard to imagine me dropping off 5000 shoppers at one of their stores and having them spend only 800.00. The moment Walmart cares enough to show up here and try to turn around their miserable online affiliate performance ..we might increase their traffic.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Mike...

I don't know about your numbers and WalMart, but frankly mine were almost as miserable as it pertains to conversion. Fortunately, I did not showcase them very much due to the low commission percentage.

I will however showcase them now. The deal with them is very high, and the people I am speaking to that are running the program assure me that they will be totally upgrading the program. Call me an ol' softy, but I believe her since I know that she convinced them that to start making the program a success, they had to start paying their affiliate base better.

Obstinatedon

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Who were the lame management company running the Walmart program for the last 2 years?? Obviously someone who never considered writingg checks to affiliates as one of the ingredients in a successful program.,

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread