ABW Ambassador
    Is there any way to block email from a merchant that you are NOT affiliated with from sending email through the LS mail system?

I have sent several requests to the merchant in question to no avail. I know with CJ you can block any merchant, but with LS, I can only find a way to block merchants I'm affiliated already affiliated with...

Am I missing a button, check box, or radio button somewhere that will save me from this merchant's incessant freebie offers that I have no interest in promoting?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Cedric,

LinkShare enables you to unsubscribe from those merchant programs in which you are participating – once unsubscribed, you will not receive any external or internal emails from that merchant. Additionally, we do not provide merchants to which you have not applied access to your external email address. The only way they may contact you is through the internal LinkShare email system, and as such, we currently do not have an unsubscribe option so as to maintain a network where affiliates can find merchants and merchants can find affiliates. We allow merchants this channel of communication to help target and recruit new affiliate partners, and we have recently provided merchants with additional tools to enable them to send more targeted email communications to the network affiliate base.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    well, it's a disappointing answer, but it is an answer.

I really think you need to look for a way that affiliates can opt-out of emails (even through the LS mail system) from merchants they don't care one bit about who seem to like to send out emails on a regular basis.

Not a top priority, of course, but an annoying issue, nonetheless.

Thanks Cedric - I will pass along your feedback to the Product Development for review.

Best,
    Sarah

[ [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]]

[ 06-05-2002: Message edited by: Haiko ]

Cedric,

Have you thought about applying for that merchants program then opting out of the emails?

ABW Ambassador
    [blink]

[blink]

why, metalchick666, that is quite brilliant.

SARAH: Am I missing something or would it work?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The spamming probably comes from one of theose affiliate management companies trying to justify a 5000.00 per month fee to the merchant. Their e-mail harvester just trolls websites with LS affiliate tags and they compile a e-mail list. Of course they also sell the list to brokers and I saw someone a while back posting they had a similar list at Revnews.com

ABW Ambassador
    Well, Mike, I don't know where you get your facts, but of course, your message has NOTHING to do with the topic of this thread which is about repeated mailings through the LS system NOT to my email... no trolling involved.

Remember, if you have a topic you think is important to raise, you can always start a new thread.

Hi Cedric,

Yes, this option will work. You can apply for these particular merchant programs, and then opt out of receiving their emails. However, perhaps it may be more beneficial to encourage these merchants to better target their network communications, rather than have them continue to send multiple emails and desensitize potential affiliate partners. Please feel free to send me an email at abw@linkshare.com and let me know which merchants are sending multiple communications on a regular basis, and I'll be happy to work with them directly.

Thanks, and I hope this information is helpful.
    Sarah

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread