Steve has long promised that consolidated payments is on the drawing boards but when can this become a reality? We need more improvements in the LS system like EPC measurement, real time reporting??, and other stuff.

LS Moderator,
    Can you give us any updates?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi wly,

At LinkShare, we continue to work and develop new technologies based on your feedback in an effort to benefit all of our clients in managing their affiliate program. As these new products and services become available, I will make sure to give you all a heads up!

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Was that a REAL answer

bwahhhh ha ha,

sounds like there isn't anything coming soon wly!

Well Sarah, for a long long time the company you represent has been repeatedly told that consolidated payments are required.

The problem is this.

If you are promoting lots of merchants, and you are a beginner, it will take such a long time to reach each merchants' minimum that they have often skipped town come payday.

Who wants to work for free for a year? And don't tell us about your big names. They are the worst of the lot.

Make no mistake - this is our job. We aren't easily ripped off kids happy to stick up a banner and dream - this is our *profession* and we know how to find people ready to buy. We require treating with respect. Some of us have families to feed.

If you wanted to know when your wages would arrive, how would you feel when Steve said "we continue to work and develop new technologies based on your feedback in an effort to benefit all of our employees in managing their working activities. As these new products and services become available, I will make sure to give you all a heads up!" ?

Personally, I'd resign, then thump him.

By the time your average Disgusted With Linkshare realizes they are not going to get paid, they are no longer beginners. They have most likely taken themselves off to CJ and various private programs, and, for a hobby they spend their spare time slagging off the amateurs at Linkshare.

It is a question of credibility. Sure, CJ lies to its merchants and its contract isn't worth the pixels it is written in, but it can be guaranteed to keep me fed, housed and clothed. This is nothing to do with their ethics, because they have none. It is purely and simply down to their consolidated checks and the short lead time.

Sarah, I don't want a 'heads up', I want the money owed no later than 60 days from the day it was earned. I will be selling around $1 million worth of goods this year and not one cent of that will be for a merchant of yours, because this condition has yet to be met.

I

[ 06-12-2002: Message edited by: Icicle ]

Yeppers! I wouldn't put Linkshare up even as a joke because of that one issue. I don't earn a lot at CJ but I get paid for everything I do sell and every lead I do get from CJ every single month. I may not be a big time player but there are a lot more like me than there are of the high rollers. Believe me, our sales do add up to quite a lot of spare change for CJ. As far as Linkshare goes...what are you kidding!??? Not even a consideration. They can stand on their heads and whistle Dixie but until they get consolidated payments, no banner of theirs will grace a site of mine.

[ 06-12-2002: Message edited by: SSanf ]

I have always believed that Linkshare is the last frontier in affiliate marketing. It's like a virtual goldmine waiting to be mined and exploited. There are really lots of money to be made at all those good name LS merchants once consolidated payments is in place. But until then, the goldmine is still just an illusion waiting for someone to take the step to the last frontier.

It's just not really worth the time and effort to promote LS full time.

Sarah,
    We need to come up with a definitive time frame and a definitive answer. If it is coming soon then it must really be coming soon and not just empty promises without you guys really working at it to make it happen.

just my 2@

ABW Ambassador
    I,

Your straight up right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

As for the consolidated payments ... I remember reading somewhere that they were once shooting for 3rd quarter 2001 ... Must have been a bad aim.

As for paid within 60 days ... I told them of the Merchant "Clever Island" that hasnt made a payment in over 90 days and they are still allowed to sign up new people (They have a $50 minimum) I got the "keep you posted response"

LS needs to clean up their old habits before they "develop new technologies based on your feedback"

This is why I only actively promote one LS Merchant now ...Overstock .... because they are represented here (although I'm not too impressed yet)

Come on LS ...Clean up the carpet baggers you already have in house and make them pay up or get the heck out.

Untill you do the little things like prompt payment to affiliates you will stagnate IMHO.

Dave

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: dhelle ]

ABW Ambassador
    While Linkshare is definitely NOT a place I would recommend for newbies, I'm compelled to say that I have several merchants there that pay on a regular basis.

That said, a consolidated check would mean that LS merchants would get a LOT more coverage from me. I'll give just about anybody at CJ a try, but LS merchants are approached with much more caution and always go to the bottom of the "todo" list.

>LS needs to clean up their old habits before they "develop new technologies based on your feedback"

There won't be any truly accurate feedback from me until I can find that Bart Simpson Mooning smiley.

I

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Ditto to what all the other non-LS people have said!

Icicle, here's that icon.

GameBoy originally posted it in another thread. I will say, this is a much better use for it than the way he used it in the other thread! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

[ 06-13-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

Thanks Leader! It would have saved me a lot of typing...

But I couldn't be arsed to find it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Stephen personally said consolidated payments -25.00 minimums and monthly payouts would be his top LS priority in CashPile's forum in March 2001. Over a year later we still get the spin it will be coming sometime in the future. What's up? All your major merchants balking at actually having to forgo FREE traffic and nuckle under to paying affiliates as partners.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread