ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Further to my post in affiliate programs about finding a card merchant I joined passion up. In trying to generate a link and figure out how they worked their sales I clicked the links and this came up. Why would this come up if
    A Links dont work or

B Merchant isnt active?
    Info follows
    Can u please advise
    Thanks
    WW

Sorry! You have clicked on a link that has expired or been deactivated. The link was used to facilitate relationships between merchant and affiliate members of the LinkShare Network. We apologize for any inconvenience.

LinkShare Corporation develops technology to manage and support affiliate marketing programs for companies doing business on the Web. Our programs provide Web-based marketplaces where online merchants and other businesses may create and manage performance-based marketing partnerships on the Web. Visit us at www.linkshare.com for more information.

Go back to the previous page.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    This is the only FREE advertising LS appears to recruit merchants and affiliates. Give them a break!

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi walleye warrior,

It sounds like you may have applied, been automatically approved for this merchant's program, and then tried to generate links immediately thereafter. We typically recommend that you wait about 30 minutes after being approved to a program to post the new merchant links on your site. Can you please check this merchant's links again, and then let me know if you continue to receive this message.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    That may have been the case. I tried one more today that seemed to occur and they seemed to work. Auto approval say we can generate immediately. Should the 30 minute warning be mentioned there too instead of only in their initial welcome e mail???

One other note...
    Joined a program the other day for cards. Cardstar.com I was more annoyed the ONLY link they had was "Cardstar Store" No products, no banners, just the one lonely text link. Have filed it into oblivion obviously. Not quite the type of link we need to help generate sales.
    WW

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi WW,

Interesting note about Cardstar.com. They appear to have additional link offerings, but these may not have been made available to you. I'll see what I can do on my end, but you may also want to consider contacting the merchant to request that they provide additional link types.

Sarah

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread