I would like to join the following 2 programs:

encorecatalog.com
    clearanceworld.com

But whenever I try to submit an application to them I get a message stating:

Your application to these programs has not been processed. The following merchants have established certain criteria for affiliates applying to their program. Unfortunately, your site does not meet one or more of these criteria. For more specific approval information, please visit the affiliate program section of the merchant's homepage.

Now I've tried doing as suggested and checked into the specific approval information and see absolutely no reason why I couldn't join. I tried contacting the merchant with the email address listed on linkshare and the emails bounce and I've tried going to the 2 sites to apply from there but there is no mention anywhere on their sites that they even have an affiliate program.

So what's the deal here? Has anyone gotten approved by them?

I've done well with other Hanover Direct Programs and been paid by them, so this is why I'm still interested in joining them even though they seem to make it impossible to do so! They have a lot of good products that fit in well with some of my sites.

ABW Ambassador
    I got approved by clearanceworld (but since dropped them as a non-performer).

I know one of the criteria some merchants use for auto-rejects are traffic levels. Don't know if that's the issue here.

I have plenty of traffic, unless they are looking for sites with little or no traffic. It would be nice if they were required to have a VALID email address so I could at least try to find out what the issue is. It's not like they've even seen my site, it just won't accept my application at all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Thanks Blues! I just went and changed the categories associated with my sites to just SHOPPING and all the places that autorejected me before have now accepted my application and I'm just waiting for approval.

I wonder which category I had marked that they objected to - strange way this stuff works.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All,

Merchants without an automatic approval policy will often screen affiliate applications based on the information you provided in your account Profile, such as Categories, Website Stats, or Country. In most cases, merchants will detail their criteria in their program description; however, if you are unclear as to why your application was not processed, I recommend that you contact the merchant directly.

As for the Hanover email bouncebacks, I'll make sure that these accounts have their information updated.

Thanks, and I hope this information is helpful.
    Sarah

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread