I have not seen any of you guys there, but I think it was a great success. I was very pleased to see Linkshare showing at least an effort to have the affiliate perspectives of the events represented there. (Not to mention the Democratic Party perspective too!)

One thing that always amazed me was to see how many young , dynamic, energetic people are working for LinkShare! I am also fascinated to see people from Ebates and company!

I had the pleasure of meeting with and talking to Michael (Bare Necessities) and Craig (Overstock.com). We had some fascinating short discussions. I was absolutely amazed to see how Overstock.com rejunevated its affiliate program and how important it is to the company's vision.

Linkshare seemed to be on the right track doing all the right things in terms of helping and educating the merchants in building stronger partnerships with their affiliates and managing all aspects of the affiliate program including the compensation structure, payment issues etc...

It was a good experience to be there. I hope I'll see some of you next year!

-BluesX

ABW Ambassador
    Did consolidated commission payments ever come up? This is an old promise LS has yet to come through on.

BluesX

Did they say anything about paying people they owe money too and what they are doing to collect from merchants who stiffed all their affiliates?

Do all the hardworking, dynamic people get a salary for working at Snare?

How about they start working on the come like
    the affiliates and we can see how great they really are...and Snare can use the money they would have made for salaries to pay all the affiliates they have screwed.

>Did consolidated commission payments ever come up? This is an old promise LS has yet to come through on.

Yes, it was brought up yesterday and today too. Steve confirmed that the project is underway. There is no definite time frame for full implementation but the year end is the latest I believe.

>Did they say anything about paying people they owe money too and what they are doing to collect from merchants who stiffed all their affiliates?

Well that's a constant struggle. Money issues are never seamless and never automated! Though, LS says the new implementation of the payment schedule will at least stop non-paying merchants do any more damage than they should. Otherwise I really don't blame LinkShare for non-paying crooks, in most cases, they are not paid either.

>Do all the hardworking, dynamic people get a salary for working at Snare?

Actually, Fred, that's an interesting point. They are working on minimal salary + bonus. If they do not perform, the salary is really ridiculous and under New York economics, they can be considered poor and jobless!

>How about they start working on the come like
    the affiliates and we can see how great they really are...and Snare can use the money they would have made for salaries to pay all the affiliates they have screwed.

Yes. Exactly. I think that's what Steve is up to!.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-BluesX

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    "Money issues are never seamless and never automated!"

Strange, every bill I GET from a company can be fully automated in terms of payment, except the car insurance! That includes those that vary monthly, and one that's based on a minimum being hit.

And yes, where I have auto-payment activated, it's totally seamless.

I'm sure there isn't some "no networks" clause on payment automation technology! All networks without automatic withdrawals from merchant accounts, need to get their guts up and FORCE IT as a new industry standard.

As for the consolidated payments project, I will wait until it is implemented before I get my hopes up...

>Strange, every bill I GET from a company can be fully automated in terms of payment

I'm not sure what you mean there Leader, but yeah, invoices can always be automated but just not the payments. There will always be delinquencies in payment no matter what business you do or where you do it.

There is no exception. Show me one and I will hang my claim!

-BluesX

I didn't mean just the invoices. I meant actual automatic account withdrawals.

For instance, the phone company automatically withdraws their payment from my checking account monthly. And the long distance company (Big Red Wire) is on a similar setup. But there, when a certain amount of charges are reached, YANK they grab the $$$. The trigger amount is fairly low, too--no having bills for 100s of dollars developing! And the server company automatically charges my credit card, in advance.

"There will always be delinquencies in payment no matter what business you do or where you do it.

There is no exception. Show me one and I will hang my claim!~BluesX"

Just ONE? Okay, easy!!

A piano teacher never has to face delinquencies. To avoid them, lessons simply are not taught until the payment is made. Deadbeats go away quick when they realize they cannot stall, and REAL, PAYING students take their place.

My mother operates this way--and her teaching schedule is consistantly booked. And no deadbeats.

From her experience, I can tell you that the other teachers in the store (the teachers are sub-contractors and set their own policies) don't charge that way because THEY ARE CHICKEN!

They are CHICKEN because they mistakenly think of deadbeats as "customers" and therefore don't want to lose them. But the deadbeats are NOT customers--they are just dead wood. Removing the deadbeats allows the time/resources to be used to their fullest profitability.

I suspect the networks suffer from the same lack of guts. Some more than others...

[ 06-22-2002: Message edited by: Leader ]

>A piano teacher never has to face delinquencies. To avoid them, lessons simply are not taught until the payment is made.

And we call that "Pre-Paid". That, by definition, can not allow delinquencies! But it is something off the subject here.

-BluesX

I wouldn't have used that for an example, but I thought of it right away and I do think it fit the criteria of this statement:

"There will always be delinquencies in payment no matter what business you do or where you do it.

There is no exception. Show me one and I will hang my claim!~BluesX"

But my example is not really off the subject. I am indeed saying, that networks should charge in advance!!!

Charging in advance is a rather common business procedure when deadbeats have become a problem. And at LS and others, deadbeats have become a problem! It's time for them to turn off the tap on those non-payers!!!

I'd rather have a link go dead, than to send a deadbeat (which I consider to be a form of THIEF) one single click. Much better to have to decide what to do with dead links, than to send a place transactions only to find out later that they're not paying, IMO!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The dead beats or non-converts will always be in the mix. LS really needs to KILL their darn disablingg script on the dreaded "merchant is no longer active..." since our shoppers cannot escape this screen with their back button and continue shopping our active merchants!!

REAL HUGE PR BLUNDER on the part of Linkshare management.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread