ABW Ambassador
    Has anyone been successful in creating product links for The Company Store? I've tried six ways to Sunday, but every single time I end up with a link that bombs their database -- some sort of Microsoft error.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nothing they have can really compete with Overstock's offerings. Don't beat a dead horse since even the Backcountry store has product links for outdoor stuff.

ABW Ambassador
    lol... always helpful, Mike -- and since you've had so much success with the same set of merchants I use, the advice is particularly meaningful.

But, if anyone has an answer to my original question, I'm still interested in the answer. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I attempted to build a few pages a couple weeks ago, I never got it done. Seems it was a hassle for me as well.

I have a page somewhere on my site that is just The Company Store links. I do believe when I made them I had to open a seperate browser window than the linkshare one in order to make them.

I just went and checked them and the links now give me 500 internal server error messages but they did work at the time I made them. Guess I will change the actual link to be just to their main page <shrug> It's a holiday weekend so I'm sure writing to them won't result in anything getting fixed til next week.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Cedric and Heidi,

After reviewing The Company Store's set-up, it appears that the merchant needs additional programming to fully support this advanced product-linking feature. While some of the product links will direct appropriately, others will generate an internal error on the merchant site. I will work with both the merchant's and our technical support teams to appropriately enable this option, as well as remove it as an interface option until it is set-up. In the meantime, I encourage you to use some of the product links that the merchant has provided.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    you might want to look at internationalmale also -- I heard rumours they had the same issue.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Cedrick your right about International Male since I tried for the longest time to gget a mini-shop setup for their products. Why the older merchants at LS can't figure out how a newbee like Overstock can make product link -e-mail flyers and multi-product displays of top sellers that get dynamically updyaed is beyond me!! Doesn't anyone at LS train these merchants??

ABW Ambassador
    Merchants like this need to be prodded and convinced that it would behoove them to provide individual product links. Maybe they just don't realize that the more aggressive affiliates would showcase their product lines and pay for traffic for their offers.

I'm just a little couple-of-clicks-a-day guy, so a merchant is not going to listen to what I have to say, but if SEVERAL bigger players like you would act in concert to "gang up" on a merchant with informative emails urging them to offer individual product links, making it VERY CLEAR to them that this may make the difference between A)having top affiliates generate sales for them or B)having a rinky-dink link relegated to a dark and dismal corner of a low traffic page, some of them would might see the light.

added:
    [sorry it's 5 am and I'm tired so I missed the gist of the above topic a bit, and just realized that what I had to say may not apply here. but I'll leave my comments intact in the hope that this will be pursued with some of the better merchants who inexplicably do not provide individual product links.)

[ 06-06-2002: Message edited by: Deelz ]

Y'all be careful ya hear. You could end up like Tennessee Ernie Ford and

'owe your sould to the company store.'

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Cedric,

I wanted to let you know that we have been working with The Company Store and International Male on the additional programming needed to support the advanced product-linking feature. All product links should now direct appropriately. Give them a try, and if you experience any further issues, do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread