15 years and counting
    Is CJ listening to us?
    Nice to know what's going on

"Reporting delayed due to planned deployment, 6/4, 2:15 PM PST. Read details...

Reporting of transactions in the Account Manager is currently delayed due to a back-end deployment taking place. It will return to normal status within a few hours. Tracking of transactions is fully functional. Thank you for your patience."

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

Planned deployment? Did I miss the announcement?

Andy

"If you were born to be shot, you'll never be hung." -Unknown

No sales all day for me. I wonder what time it all started???

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

15 years and counting
    My last transaction was at 4-Jun-2003, 13:26:00 PDT. CJ announce was at 2:15 PM PST.

It's not the big that eat the small... it's the fast that eat the slow. Jennings & Haughton

We are an affiliate with CJ that batches our sale transactions over to their system.

This weekend they had a 4 day delay because of one advertiser that seemingly jammed the system with a bad file format. I wonder if this is related. They have been behind in our batching ever since.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    one advertiser that seemingly jammed the system with a bad file format.

Beautiful system.

quote:
    Originally posted by Keith - UOL:
    We are an affiliate with CJ that batches our sale transactions over to their system.

This weekend they had a 4 day delay because of one advertiser that seemingly jammed the system with a bad file format. I wonder if this is related. They have been behind in our batching ever since.

This is exactly what erks me. This has been going on for four days and we just now hear about it.

quote:
    currently delayed due to a back-end deployment

A wrong choice of words if you ask me.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

I don't think a batch file could have done that. I know CJ's system pretty well and from what I know it can't happen. My guess is that they had to add new capacity or replace some routers.

Akiva Bergstrom
    Affiliate Partner Manager
    EssentialApparel.com
    CJ/6%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@essentialapparel.com
    Phone: 973.696.6200 ext 751
    > Join now! <
    SportsFanfare.com
    CJ/10%/120 days/Datafeed/Parasite free
    Email: akiva@sportsfanfare.com
    AIM: akivabergs
    > Join now! <

Once again, ABW has relieved my mind of some concerns.

Tracking is not affected.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

ABW Ambassador
    What does tracking mean for me? Nothing. I track my sites since years and I never earned 1 Dime with tracking. I earned my money with sales and leads. But these days I had no sales, NO SALES.

carneol

Is tracking still delayed?? Going on 500 clicks with a nickle lead from ebay to show for it. Are things suppose to be working now?

Merchant Coincidences, One of the Wonders of the World

Coincidence Me baby!

ABW Ambassador
    Wondering same thing, first 2 days at CJ were great last 2-3 slow. Just a bunch of ebay nickels and a lead here and there.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

CJ reports delayed

This is what we in the newspaper business call a "standing head" like "sports" or "editorials," because it appears everyday.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

According to merchants (advertisers), reporting has been delayed for about 4-5 days now. A notice went up yesterday for several hours acknowledging this, but has it been fixed?

CJ Folks: It would really be great for us when you remove a notice to put another one back up stating something to the effect that "Reporting is now up to date and on schedule."

Change the wording, but you catch my drift.

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Yah my CJ Reports are way overdue it's been five days.

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

15 years and counting
    7-days I had sales showing up yesterday after 16:54:58 PDT. (5:00 PM)They were delayed several hours but after that it looks like normal.
    The funny part is I had reversals during the blank out period. So reversals must come from an other server.

Thanks Zeus...I was just thinking for all those folks that get batched transaction reporting, that they may not realize CJ is back up for many, many hours. Just think it would be such a simple, supportive thing for affiliates, if they put up a simple little message.

15 years and counting
    Believe me, I know the feeling. I'm getting scared when sales are not coming. It's hard to know why, could be a lot of reasons, web hosting problems... so I'll like to see an indicator on CJ with a led green/red, On, Off or more detailed infos, Normal, Low, High, Off...

The indicator light is a great idea!

ABW Ambassador
    You guys let me know when and if several days of sales suddenly appear when things are "caught up"....you know that doesn't normally happen and you just chalk it up as a loss.

Tracking problems and reporting delays happen many times together...it's nice though to fantasize about reporting delays independent of tracking problems...but it does happen.

Yea, some leads and reversals will always come in (amazingly well) during tracking/reporting issues.

What happens when SAS goes haywire for 3 days? You pull the links during that time, right? Because Brian makes it apparent the situation of tracking/reporting by having no website at all.

Just kidding around Brian. Things are looking good now.

But CJ is so special. We just keep those non-tracking links up until the issue is "solved".

Tracking/reporting problems doesn't mean all sales won't show up...just the majority. Ironically, it's then time for that normally unproductive merchant to credit you with a small sale or two

This is also the time for some of your best merchants to run a big sale...and for you to miss out because of reporting/tracking issues.

Oh well, there'll always be next time when tracking/reporting is working properly, you say to yourself.

Looks like they are still having problems. I had a bunch of non-batched sales report several hours late during the night.

Like I said (hoping some of the 120 employees at CJ are reading this), it would be real nice to have a little more communication about this. Maybe I would have better luck emailing my merchant affiliate managers to get information about perceived problems at CJ. They seem to be getting more timely updates about these delays and problems than we are.

Wow, two posts titled REPORTING DELAYS going at one time and all Todd can think of to answer is "What did I win" in another post.

Hmmmmm

Okay, Todd, answer this one. I've had it posted here for nearly a month now and still no straight answer:

Under transaction reports, is the EVENT DATE and time the ACTUAL time the customer purchased the item or is it the date/time that the tracking order sent it to the reporting server? I guess my real question is....Is the event/date time correct? Is it the real, actual time the customer purchased the item or is a delayed time somehow waiting for it to be reported. I've reworded this question how many different ways and still can't get it answered.

This is the only answer I've been able to get from you and it just does not cut it:

quote:
    posted May 02, 2003 05:10 PM
    Tracking servers were not affected. They capture the txns. The servers that later consume these tracked txns were delayed and that is why reporting was delayed. Tracking went unaffected but reporting of txns was delayed.

I will double check that everything is back to normal in regards to reporting and member area availability. I will post an update here if things are back to normal.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

This covers one specific event. I want to know how the the normal, every day reporting is.

23. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread