Hi All,

I am sorry for this post but I am getting tired of LinkShare and LinkShare Merchants! LinkShare has a great deal of work to do if it wants to come anywhere near the quality of network that CJ is, and I am not all that impressed with CJ as of late!
    First and foremost... Merchant Payment. Some of the LinkShare merchants say they pay monthly and take up to 3 months to get their money to LinkShare. For example, Dell.com who finally sent the money they owed to publishers to linkshare from April transactions yesterday. Why do you let them get away with crap like this? Do you not care?
    Secondly... How on earth are we supposed to know when merchants have last uploaded transactions? I would like LinkShare to implement a system that lets us know exactly when they last uploaded transactions. I have no clue if I am just stinking up the place this month or the merchants are not updating.
    I haven't had a transaction for American Express in 20 days, which is odd since I had one about every other day at least for the first 9 days of this month. I have not had a transaction show up for Chase Manhattan in 10 days and I had a transaction at least every other day with them for the first 19 days of the month. One day I even had 3.
    And lastly... Direct Deposit! We as publishers would like an estimate on when exactly this is going to be implemented?

I am about ready to wash my hands of LinkShare and LinkShare Merchants.

Core

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Some of the LinkShare merchants say they pay monthly and take up to 3 months to get their money to LinkShare. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Core,

Clever Island is one of those merchants who claim to pay monthly. By the report I get ... They have not made a payment in 3 and a half months. I brought this to LS's attention a month and a half ago. Have they paid yet ... NO. Have they been put on hold ... NO.

I'm tired of waiting for money that never comes.

Good Luck.

Dave

I take it that the LinkShare Moderator isn't going to touch this with a 10 foot pole?

ABW Ambassador
    I AGREE! We need a system that shows when the last update was. Many times I am getting sales every day or so... then NOTHING for several days or weeks straight. Its scary and hard to tell what is going on.......

Has my complaints fallen on deaf ears? I would like a response from the LinkShare Moderator on what, if anything Linkshare is going to do about this...

I am not trying to be a pain in the butt but things need to change...

Core

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Core,
    Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. Your posting has most definitely not fallen on deaf ears, but I hope you can appreciate that I do need some time to respond to the postings on this forum. To address the specific concerns that you raised to me:

1. Merchant Payments - Yes, we do care about timely merchant payment, and we have provided you with some tools to monitor and report untimely merchant payments, such as the Payment Report and the Merchant Payment History Reports. LinkShare does take steps if a merchant fails to make timely payment even once, and we have a series of escalating steps that are pursued for repeat offenders. However, we have certain procedures that must be followed before we can place any merchant program on hold, and we continue to work with our Accounting team to try to streamline the necessary procedures before we place merchant on hold so that we can do so more quickly.

2. Transaction Updates - As I just mentioned in a separate posting, LinkShare must receive confirmation for any transaction from the merchant before they are posted. Many merchants will not provide transaction confirmation until the credit card number is authorized, or until the product is actually shipped. LinkShare reports are updated continuously based on the confirmations received. We urge all merchants to state their standard policy with in both their Offer Description and Terms and Conditions. However, I do think your suggestion about providing affiliates with information about when the merchant last sent transaction data is valuable. I know that this suggestion has come up before on this board, when Steve Messer was moderating, and it has already been submitted to our development team for review and consideration.

3. Amex/Chase Transactions - LinkShare requires and monitors that all merchants report transaction information on a timely and regular basis. Those merchants you mention continue to send through sales activity regularly, but if you feel that any particular merchant is not properly reporting all their sales, I encourage you to review the Transaction Inquiry area in your affiliate account for ways in which you may investigate and report missing orders.

4. Direct Deposit - LinkShare continues to work and develop new technologies to benefit all of our clients in managing their affiliate program.

I hope this information is helpful, but please let me know if you have further questions and concerns.

Best,
    Sarah

Your accountants must be going nuts if Linkshare collects on the same schedule as affiliates. I can't imagine running a major business wherein you have no idea what your monthly cash flow is going to be. Yet you fully expect affilates to do just that. It is difficult to believe that CJ has found the answer and Linkshare has not.

"it has already been submitted to our development team for review and consideration. "

Help! I'm trapped inside a Dilbert cartoon!

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi freesurf,

LinkShare does get paid at the same time as the Network Affiliates do. As you know, the Network Merchants compensate us for the use of the LinkShare Network and LinkShare technology according to the transaction volume. This means we are absolutely aligned with the Network Affiliates in needing and wanting to be paid on a timely basis. All of our systems and procedures are set up internally to insure this: At the end of each calendar month, a statement of all payment obligations is sent to each Network Merchant. Once the Network Merchants have had a reasonable period to review such statements, and aside from any questionable activity, all Network Merchants are expected to pay all amounts owed on a timely basis. Failure to do so is addressed through a series of escalating collection and enforcement actions, and repeat offenders are suspended from the Network or terminated. Naturally, there are always going to be specific Programs and/or Network Merchants that prove to be the unfortunate exception. It is for this reason that we provide you with tools such as the "Merchant Payment History" report to evaluate a Network merchant program that you have joined on criteria like timely payments to affiliates each month. If you feel that a particular merchant does not have a track record with which you are comfortable, contact that merchant and ask about their commitment to pay their affiliate partners on time.

Best,
    Sarah

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sarah;
    I know your learning the ropes and wnat your affiliate pool to succeed. To win over our confidence that your willing to go the bat for ABW members here's your first test of your moderator position.

Dell converted pretty well even with zero cookie days when they had only one program at LS. Then they outwhitted you by setting up 2 seperate programs ..one for Dell Business and Dell home systems. This negated all sales from affiliates if the shopper inadvertently crossed over into the wrong sections ( they detect and blank out session cookies when this occurs)from normal page links on one site. Worked so good for negatingg commissions they added the B2B Hosting program.

When I caught them red handed in this practice they then jumped the Biz systems program to BeFree taking 6 months to pay off LS back commissions due. Then began the undisputed fact that their one shopping cart cannot support more than one network sales reporting tag. So we get the 3 card mollie of Dell commissions. Which category link -to which network- is turned on today. If both are turned on then neither network's affiliates can record a sale.

Simple test for a newbee like you Sarah. Create a one page website. Signup for Dell at BeFree and LS. Place one link on that page to each program. Test purchase in a variety of ways on the same day. Check the reports and let us know the results. Please don't notify the merchant you are doing this or they will intercept your affiliate click ID and manually post the sale. Dell does get 100% of the sales information but chooses which to allow in their batch reports. Special permission has to be given their affiliate manager to post sales above 1200.00 One affiliate manager got fired for slipping up and posting a 4218.00 sale from one of my links in 2000.

If this little test proves out that Dell is playing games and bilking the affiliates out of commissions, but still paying their monthly Linkshare hosting & ala cart fees, then notify Stephen to boot the mothers off your network!!

Mike,

If you can PROVE this fact, then you need to file a criminal complaint against DELL & Snare & BeFree.

If you do not file the complaint then you are aiding and abetting criminal behavior.

Sometimes you have to stand up and be counted whether you want to or not.

If you file an official criminal complaint, it MUST be investigated.

If anyone does have the guts to file, I will blast the info to over 15,000 news media types.

And yes, I am filing criminal complaints here in Vegas.

I have had enough of the bullshit.

Question
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    appreciate that I do need some time to respond to the postings on this forum. To address the specific concerns that you raised to me......I hope this information is helpful, but please let me know if you have further questions and concerns.

Best,
    Sarah
    Sarah, I figure you are working hard a your job, but you must understand that these issues have been going on a lot longer than.....well - "months".

ABW Ambassador
    Dell

From eveything I have read at ABW and elsewhere about Dell's business practices, I wouldn't promote them if they were the only computer company left on Planet Earth.

RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

15 years and counting
    Look at the date: June 28th, 2002 of this post by Taurus, 3 years ago. what's new?
    First and foremost... Merchant Payment. Some of the LinkShare merchants say they pay monthly and take up to 3 months to get their money to LinkShare.
    Secondly... How on earth are we supposed to know when merchants have last uploaded transactions? I would like LinkShare to implement a system that lets us know exactly when they last uploaded transactions.
    And lastly... Direct Deposit! We as publishers would like an estimate on when exactly this is going to be implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    Yes, we do care about timely merchant payment, and we have provided you with some tools to monitor and report untimely merchant payments, such as the Payment Report and the Merchant Payment History Reports.
    How about giving us back these tools?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

MichaelColey wrote
    How about giving us back these tools?
    I totally agree.

Sarah, could you please do something so that we can once again view the payment report and merchant payment history report? Last such info we have is for Feb. 2005, there is nothing for March 2005.

marcelle

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread