"Hello everyone,
    I manage babystyle's affiliate program. I'm sorry that everyone is upset by seeing that WhenU is in our program. I wasn't aware of the negative attitude toward this company. A little history on how they joined our program. About a year ago Linkshare suggested that we partner with them saying that they had some sort of tool to alert customers to deals. Since Linkshare had recommended them we accepted them into the program (I only get about one recommendation a month and they usually work out well). In all honesty, this was the first month they really had many sales with us. After receiving several emails this morning I looked into WhenU and their practices. I must say I'm sorry. It was not our intention to hurt/upset our hardworking longtime affiliates.
    I do still have one question, I saw that you branded Looksmart as parasite ware also. To my knowledge Looksmart is only listing us in their search results under a selection of keywords that babystyle chose. The reason for their success has to do with their partnership with MSN.
    Please don't hesitate to email with any further concerns you may have. I want this program to be the best it can be. Thanks again for being part of the babystyle affiliate program.
    -Jeff" - (copied from babystyle forum)

Haiko,

You are a true supporter of Linkshare's Stephen Messer - Is this something he has stopped since coming into office? I hope it's okay that I took this from another forum. If not, let me know and I won't do it again.

Has Linkshare stopped recommending WhenU and Looksmart?

If this is a redundant question from other forums - I apologize, please remember I'm newer to the site than most.

Regards,

Janet

[ 07-15-2002: Message edited by: Jknight ]

Janet,

Yes, In DEC Stephen precluded WhenU from poping up on any affiliate site, then months later he, Todd and I helped make Wurldmedia (Morpheus) ethical.

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    Haiko -

(please forgive my ignorance on this subject)

It is my understanding (and I do not quite understand what is going on with this highjacking business) that in order for these parasites to do what they are doing, they need to be members of the network or program they are jumping links from. Can't the networks simply give them the heave-ho?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Deelz:
    Haiko -

(please forgive my ignorance on this subject)

It is my understanding (and I do not quite understand what is going on with this highjacking business) that in order for these parasites to do what they are doing, they need to be members of the network or program they are jumping links from. Can't the networks simply give them the heave-ho?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Deelz,

NP! Many Ad Networks have chosen NOT to police the industry ... LS has decided to take a stance.

Reporting.net (BeFree) allows Gator as an affiliate and CJ boasts that eBates makes X! (see thread on USAMC)

There is a differance in ethical marketing ... hopefully with the aid of ABW membership merchants, ad networks and affiliates will get a position on such.

Haiko

Janet,

Re Looksmart PM me and I'll post what I have said on another (merchant only )forum, but I'll say this ... if your willing to CPC and CPA, then you got your "affiliate".

Obviously, I do not like them and think that they are unfair to affiliates and parasitic!

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    [unwarranted snide comment removed]

[ 07-15-2002: Message edited by: Deelz ]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread