It was the same thing every morning - I went online to check out the places where I have affiliates and look-see if anyone's bought anything. And nearly every morning I see zilch for Linkshare. Naturally this has been rather disheartening (kept wondering what was wrong and how to fix it). Then today I decide to see how my account has been doing over time, and a number of sales I had no idea existed popped up! Not a whole bunch, mind you, but enough to give me some hope (I knew GAIAM had to be converting better than what I had seen). I figure that these are people who clicked on my links then came back later or sales that took some time to go through for some reason.

So my question is - how do you guys use the Linkshare tool to track your sales? I guess I've been using the wrong tracking tools on the dropdown - still a newbie at this, obviously! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Ain't it grand when that happens?

Janet

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Janiss:
    ...Then today I decide to see how my account has been doing over time, and a number of sales I had no idea existed popped up! ... So my question is - how do you guys use the Linkshare tool to track your sales? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well...occasionally, I check to see how the account is doing over time. I keep a database of total sales for each merchant from a given date, that makes it easy to spot changes.

Since there is generally a delayed reaction in web pages. I suspect that the best way to do the stats is to actually only check them once a week...unless, of course, you have a specific thing you want to test. Being a numbers junky, though I like to look at numbers.

>>Being a numbers junky, though I like to look at numbers.<<

Yep, I'm afraid I'm a numbers junkie too! Do you think there is a 12-step program somewhere for the likes of us?

But then, how many of us could whole-heartedly take the first step:

1. We admitted we were powerless over numbers and our lives had become unmanageable.

Even if we could agree to the second half (the lives being unmanageable part), I get the feeling that most of the affiliate people here definitely do not feel they are powerless over those numbers! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Janiss,

Yes, there can often be a delay between when a transaction took place and when it gets posted to your reports. This happens for various reasons, but typically occurs when the merchant waits for the credit card number to be authorized, or until the product is actually shipped, before sending the transaction information to LinkShare.

Since your online reports are generated based on when the actual transaction occurred, we suggest that you check your reports by viewing activity for at least the past week. For example, if a transaction occurs on June 4, 2001, it may not be reported to LinkShare until June 10, 2001. If you run a Sales and Activity Report on June 5 for the period of June 1-5, the transaction will not appear in the report. However, if you run the same report for the same time period on June 11, the transaction will be included.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions with which I may assist you.

Sarah

Thanks for the info, Sarah - totally makes sense. I'd certainly rather have the CC authorized and product shipped before seeing it show up on my report than seeing the purchase right away and having it reversed a couple days later 'cause the credit card was fraudulent/expired/etc.!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread