I am working on a site, for which I have not registered a domain yet. I want to start building links, do I?
    a. Have to register another account with Linkshare? (I have one for a different domain)
    b. Need to have the sight published before merchants will accept me?
    Thanks

If you already have a Linkshare account, you can add sites to it via the subaffiliates link

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi bghtn,

You can manage multiple websites through one LinkShare affiliate account by creating "Sub Affiliate" accounts to track activity separately for each website. This can be done in the "Sub Affiliate" area of your account by adding website domain names and URLs. However, it is important to note that while reports will reflect sales activity for each sub-site, they will not include impression and click activity. If you wish to see all such activity for your new site, it is best to create a separate account. Additionally, it is recommended that your site be live prior to applying to merchant programs, as many merchants need to see your site before approval.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks to both of you.
    I wonder what most people do? Do you set up seperate accounts so that you can see impression and click activity?
    Thanks again :cool:

BGHTN...

The way I understand it is... Once you have been accepted by a Merchant, you can place their links on any webpage/site. However, tracking will report as the original website approved by the merchant and LinkShare - the original user ID.

There is a field that can be added to the merchant links to denote exactly which webpage/site the link is on. It is called the "u1" parameter. I use it this way:

following the "&subid=0" parameter, I insert "&u1=gadi00" This tells me the "Sale" came from GladAds(ga), Direct.htm(di)

Note that this only tracks Sales and must be extracted using a download from LS database using a query submitted with your browser.

Email me if you want the code to do the pull. Or you can read about it on LS website.

Jim in Texas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread