Well, this is just too much. I am associated with two merchants at LinkShare that perform very well for me from which I receive regular checks.

The first sent me a check in May for my March/April sales. When I compared the check to my records it was for $12.25 more than they owed me. I even re-ran my reports at LinkShare to be sure. Since the check came directly from the merchant, I emailed them thanking them for the check and informing them they sent me too much money. I said I would understand if they deducted the $12.25 from my next check.

I received another check from them this month. They deducted the $12.25, which was fine. But then after that, the check was an additional 62 cents short. So, I have no qualms about emailing them about the shortage since I was honest enough to email them about the overage.

The second merchant is another story because LinkShare sends their checks. I received a check from them a few days ago for my March/April sales. Once again I re-ran the reports at LS. That check was $9.38 short. However, yesterday I received a check for May, which was $12.81 over. So, I'm ahead $3.43.

The funny thing about the May check is that it is approximately $5.00 less than the merchant's minimum threshold.

My question is: Regarding the second merchant, do I contact the merchant about the errors in the two checks, or do I contact LinkShare since LS issued the checks? And if I contact LS, where do I write to?

Tracy

Tracy,

Email Sarah at abw@linkshare.com with your account info and details.

Haiko

Tracy, note that the reports from the LinkShare website are NOT the actual reports of check payments.

Because of transactions spanning month-end, the reports will not be accurate.

You should use the following in your browser, with the start date and end date in question, and replace YOURID with your LinkShare ID and PASSWORD with your LinkShare password:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> [URL=http://www.linkshare.com/areport/u1field?bdate=20020701&edate=20020731&cuserid=YOURID&cpi=PASSWORD[/URL] </pre>

This will download an Excel spreadsheet with your monthly(or date range you select) numbers. These are closer to the Check Payment. Try it... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Jim in Texas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-17-2002: Message edited by: jimbet7 ]

Hi Jim,

I tried it, but all I get is the default page to log-in.

Tracy

Okay, now I have a headache, but at least I understand. I could never get your link to work, Jim. However, I found the link to the *New* Payment Report on the "Your Account" page, along with the explanation of month end carry overs.

This had never been an issue before because my month ends never carried forward. Every month's check had balanced with the information at "Run Reports."

I also figured out why the first merchant over paid me. Somebody must have hit the plus sign on the adding machine twice. I was correct that it was an error, so I feel good about straightening that one out. And the 62 cents shortage appears in the following month's report, so that's one less email I have to write.

Thanks for the help. Now I don't have to write any emails. This board is so wonderful!

Tracy

Sorry Tracy,

My error... see post above again. The second occurrance should be PASSWORD. Also, I still have trouble with the brackets for code and url... again, sorry. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    http://www.linkshare.com/areport/u1f...D&cpi=PASSWORD

Jim in Texas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread