Affiliateville, USA
    I'm new to LinkShare and trying to figure out how I search for various products. It looks like I can only search by company name.

The search mechanism at Linkshare is horrible. However, there is a way around the search function that I have found quite useful. Rather than searching, go down to the category listings and click on all categories. You will then have in front of you a listing for all the merchants at Linkshare including a description of their products/services. Once you have all of this on one page, you simply hit control-F and type in the terms you are looking for. In this way you use the Internet Explorer Find function to get around their lack of a search function. Hope this helps, Dave

Hey, you're right about searching by company names. LinkShare's search function is *only for merchant names*, not products. But it does match partial words, like if you put in "net", it'll match everything with "net" in it (I think).

I think you might be expecting it to function like CJ's, in which case you'll end up being confused and frustrated all day looking for products. Just a tip to avoid that!

More specifically, it only lets you search for merchants that you have not joined already. And in case you were rejected by a merchant, I don't think you'll be able to apply again. I think CJ's lets you still see all merchants that match results, and if you were rejected, it tells you.

I guess what I'm saying is if you know how it's supposed to work, you won't keep banging your head against the wall.

The "all categories" tip is a good one, but if you're on a dial-up, it might take a while. However, it is a great way to sit back and scan through hundreds of merchants and see who all the "Premium" merchants are in one shot.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread