hi,
    i'm new with linkshare, and i have some questions -

where do i see my balance??

can i find merchants by searching for keywords, like in CJ?

why do i have the overstock.com logo in my linkshare homepage?

and my linkshare homepage doesn't look like the one in this pic:
    http://www.linkshare.com/helpcenter/quicktour.html

:eek:

Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: shamrock ]

[ 07-20-2002: Message edited by: shamrock ]

I'm going to add my LS question here too [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

How do I find out what specific product links a visitor clicked on if I built the links in Linkbuilder?

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi - these are all good questions, and I'll do my best to answer them. More information can also be found in the Help section of your account.

The "Payment Report", found in the Account section of your interface, enables you to review your earnings and the status of each payment for a given month. The amounts shown in your Payment Report are the same amounts that are billed to merchants by LinkShare on your behalf, and you should use the Payment Report for the purpose of reconciling payments that are due to you.

The "Join Programs" section of your account allows you to search by individual merchant name or to review merchants by "Category". You can also choose "All Categories" to review an alphabetical list of all available merchant programs.

If you registered through a merchant site, such as Overstock.com, you will see that merchant logo in the upper left corner of your account.

It looks like we'll need to update the pictures used in the tutorial - we've updated the look of the interface since we created that demo.

Since LinkBuilder links are customized by each affiliate and there are infinite variations on how these product links may be constructed, your reports display activity for LinkBuilder links on an aggregate level. I recommend using the Product Success Report instead to evaluate which products your referred customers purchased. This report includes information such as product ID number, product name, click-throughs, orders, sales and commissions.

Hope this information is helpful!
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    >>This report includes information such as product ID number, product name, click-throughs, orders, sales and commissions.<<

If the merchant chooses to include that info. Some merchants show ***** as the product names. sigh... You can look them up by SKU, but that's a royal PITA.

>>can i find merchants by searching for keywords, like in CJ?<<

No. And no offense intended to Sarah, but you can't even always find merchants by searching on their names. I like LS, but their search feature is a joke (and has been for some time, you can find more than one thread on this topic in the archives).

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread