ABW Ambassador
    I was showing strong dell homes sales then all of a suddent they have stopped. Last sale one puny one on Wed. (Tuesday and before were lots). Has anyone had a sale come through since then?
    If so I can know that they have updated and its a problem with me... If not, then maybe I'm just waiting on an update.

Their splitting their site between befree and LS really really burns me up too! :mad: I'd think LS/Befree wouldn't like it either.... but I guess these days they take what they can get????

ABW Ambassador
    Weird. A few more sales from Wed creeped in today...

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Joseph,

From what I can see on my end, Dell Home Systems continues to send sales activity regularly. Transaction information, though tracked immediately by LinkShare technology, may not always be posted in your reports immediately. LinkShare must receive confirmation for any transaction from the merchant before they are posted. Many merchants will not provide transaction confirmation until the credit card number is authorized, or until the product is actually shipped. LinkShare reports are updated continuously based on the confirmations received.

If you feel that transaction information is missing from your reports, I encourage you to review the Transaction Inquiry area in your affiliate account for ways in which you may investigate and report missing orders.

I hope this information is helpful, but please let me know if you have further questions and concerns.

Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Sarah,
    Thank you very much for your reply. It is very weird I continue to monitor the Dell sales and the last 3 days or so a few sales from Wed. seem to have popped into the report each day. I was basically seeing daily updates of sales until recently. I'll continue to monitor the report and see.

I just figured if someone else saw a bunch of dell sales past Wed, then maybe there was something wrong with *my* links or my LS account, and, not just the dell/ls system not being updated overall...

Thanks for the info, I'll keep looking and if necessary look into the transaction inquiry system as you mentioned.

I'm fairly sure you're not allowed to comment or discuss the details of exclusivity or non agreements, but, I'd just like to state that I think it stinks that half of dell.com is served by Linkshare, and the other half is served by one of your competitors and it is very possible for a lead that one of your affiliates generates to then go to the "other" half of the site, thereby generating a non commissionable sale. (right?)

Thanks again,
    Joseph

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone out there who has daily dell activity?
    I'm interested in if you saw any sales on 6/27 and 6/28 as I have large sales days before and after these days but none on these two days.. wonder if there was some sort of glitch. It is entirely possible, I suppose, that although I show C/T's there were no sales, but, just want to be sure [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks!
    Joseph

Hi Joseph,

While Dell Home Systems works with LinkShare to administer their affiliate program, Dell Small Business does not. In terms of Dell's corporate structure, two different divisions handle the Dell Home Systems and Dell Small Business programs, with independent managers making decisions within them. According the Dell Home Systems program’s legal terms and conditions, section 2.5 indicates that transactions that occur in other segments of Dell, such as Small Business and Dell Auction among others, are not deemed commissionable.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Sarah

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sarah I had told you before how to resolve these tracking issues. Make up a one page web site and place standard links to Dell's BF & LS programs on that page as an affiliate. Place test orders on the same day and be sure to not cross over those hidden session cookie cutter links by jumping from Dell Home to Dell Biz. Difficult at times since they often have both selections on the same page ..sneaky bastards.

What you'll find out is that DELL cannot record sales from LS or BeFree at the same time with their one cart. If both tags are present then NO SALES show up so they alternate valid tags. Why do you think they purposely choose the second network. They already knew LS had problems tracking the 3 seperate division programs. Dell is the diversion King and most abusive affiliate enable merchant to walk the face of the earth. Well before your time Sarah Dell had just 4 banners for 1 year ..all 4 and the one text link said DELL.COM

If this simple test shows I'm right (Overstock had to agree) then boot Dell off your network fro fraud.

Hi Mike,

Perhaps I'm unclear as to what you wish to be tested. As I stated previously, Dell Home Systems works with LinkShare to administer their affiliate program, but Dell Small Business does not. If a user clicks through the LinkShare link and makes a purchase on Dell Home Systems, then the transaction will be commissioned. However, if the user purchases from Dell Small Business instead, then that transaction will not be commissioned, whether or not the originating site is participating in the Dell Small Business affiliate program through another provider. The link that the consumer uses to click to Dell determines which products will be commissioned. This is indicated in the legal terms associated with the Dell Home Systems program.

Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    I'm interested too... and confused...

Mike, you keep saying this, but, if its true its very blatant fraud, and it seems like something would have been done by now... and I think all Dell (Home and Business) affiliates would like to know!

anyone knows how to get a higher commssion from dell home?

ebates is offering 2.2% back, so they must get more than the 1% kickback listed on linkshare

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread