Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ABW Ambassador
    Some of you here convinced me recently to switch to Performics for the same merchants I use through CJ.

I am in total shock. A merchant I couldn't score a sale with in months at CJ...I got 2 sales for... in the first 24 hours I put up the link up!

Maybe it's just a coincidence...Time will tell, but so far it looks like I owe you guys a big thank you!

I have had the same experience.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Which merchants perform better at Performics? I'd love to test this out for myself.

Michael

ABW Ambassador
    I've been slow (or lazy) to take this advice, but I'll be replacing a lot of links this weekend. I hope it pays off as well as it has for the rest of you

FreeCallz.com

ABW Ambassador
    I can't say about the cj vs performics but one vendor recently left performics and went to linkshare and now I get much more sales for them.

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone tried to get any kind of response from Performics? Good, bad or ugly, CJ still has that benefit of correspondence . . . and paychecks . . . I just wish that I could trust CJ a Tad more

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Get while the getting's good

Is it true?

Performics merchants can devativate your account without sending you a email.

Then you continue to send free traffic to their sites and earn no commission.

It is hard to contact merchants via email too.

http://8n.nu/

No problems getting a response from them these days.
    I only have good things to say about them Cyclone
    Cheques arrive on time twice a month, merchants convert very well and support is there when you need it now.

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    I switched from CJ to a merchant's in house program last week. I had 2 sales from this merchant in the last 5 weeks at CJ. With the same exact ad in the same exact spot I've already made 10 sales.

I thought there might be a bit of difference but I was pretty shocked by how big the difference actually was. If you haven't tried it yourself on one of your merchants, give it a shot and see. You may be pleasantly surprised at the results.

I will be visiting Performics as well as the other programs soon.

ABW Ambassador
    My merchant ratio May 1st: 10% Performics Merchants - 80% Commission Junction - 10% other

Why did the 10% Performics have half the clickthroughs as CJ at that time?

Why is my Performics commissions nearly half my commissions with CJ this month?...seeing I have most (and my top merchants) still with CJ?

So yesterday, I went 50% Performics - 40% CJ - 10% other

Boom! Two things happened which I suspected...a big jump in both Performics and CJ sales.

My remaining CJ merchants miraculously came to life filling my reports with sales...as if CJ or the merchants themselves knew they were in danger of deletion, and decided to turn on reporting.

This is all a coincidence.

Interesting.
    We don't use performics, but in a nutshell, here has been our experience:
    CJ: Good click throughs, good conversion
    Linkshare: Great click throughs, poor conversion
    BeFree: Awful on both.
    Granted, we make limited use of links, but ...
    just my 2 cents

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

Can anyone say if homevisions is the one doing better for them on performics? I still find my sales very odd with homevisions on cj lately despite a lot of targeted clicks... I guess I just need to change links for a few days to see...
    With homevisions cj stuff you can't see your affil id in the url locator so it's hard to know what's going on...

kelly- your comments were interesting, but how did the cj merchants know you changed to performics? Did you file a complaint with either cj or the merchant?

Performics conversion is better than CJ is a mystery to me.

The first merchant i noticed the difference is JC Whitney.

Is it CJ tracking technology not reliable enough or merchant cheating on the commission tracking ?

My impression is that for some merchants, the conversion difference may not be significant.

I still vote for CJ in terms of ease of use, easy to get links, update link, more creatives choices, able to contact the merchant directly, etc.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    more creatives choices

Uh, I like sales better. Just give me a text link...all the creativity I need.

It's better tracking, plain and simple. Performics cookies are set every time a link is clicked (varies for CJ links).

No big delays in reporting...a big indicator that accurate reporting will occur as well.

It may well also be that the parasites don't affect Performics cookies or links as they do CJ. ???

Also, I have been pondering this scenario lately: If it's cheaper for merchants through Performics as opposed to CJ...makes it more affordable to leave tracking on more often. ???

Less Performics affiliates means a lesser chance of having your cookie overwritten by another Performics affiliate (should your visitor visit their site after yours) ???

Perhaps a particular merchant has a set CJ cookie as well as a Performics cookie both on a surfer's computer (from Joe Surfer visiting different sites). Joe surfer then makes a decision to buy. Does the merchant then choose who gets the credit? If so, wouldn't they choose Performics over CJ...since it is cheaper? Don't know how that works.

Don't know all the reasons why Performics track so much better, but I'm enjoying the benefits.

Same experience here.
    Same Merchant at both CJ and Performics, even posted on same page. Performics merchant got sales and no sales from CJ!

Tami

quote:
    It's better tracking, plain and simple. Performics cookies are set every time a link is clicked (varies for CJ links).

CJ sets a cookie on every click.

quote:
    No big delays in reporting...a big indicator that accurate reporting will occur as well.

Lack of delays in reporting are indicators that less txns (imps, click, leads and sales) are being tracked. Just because we track more txns, doesn't mean our tracking isn't as good.

quote:
    It may well also be that the parasites don't affect Performics cookies or links as they do CJ. ???

No true - adware companies do not treat CJ links differently than Performics links.

quote:
    Also, I have been pondering this scenario lately: If it's cheaper for merchants through Performics as opposed to CJ...makes it more affordable to leave tracking on more often. ???

It is not cheaper for merchants at Performics - the txn fees are comparable.

quote:
    Perhaps a particular merchant has a set CJ cookie as well as a Performics cookie both on a surfer's computer (from Joe Surfer visiting different sites). Joe surfer then makes a decision to buy. Does the merchant then choose who gets the credit? If so, wouldn't they choose Performics over CJ...since it is cheaper? Don't know how that works.

Last referred publisher and vendor take the sale. This is part of the integration process for advertisers running two programs.

Todd Crawford
    Commission Junction

Hi Todd Crawford

Are the merchants able to do something on their part to remove the sales / leads tracking to fraud affiliates.

Otherwise, how would you explain this case that many affiliates also have the same experience that Performics track better than cj ??

ABW Ambassador
    Sorry, I was just throwing some questions out there that came about from my own personal experience.

Also, the tracking statements I made are subjective. I really didn't mean that they would be true for everyone.

Everyone has got to go with whatever works best for them.

The phenomenon that Performics tracks better for alot of big earners that use quite a few different programs and a wide array of merchants, is quite interesting.

We don't earn until we learn.

ABW Ambassador
    Todd

do you allow merchants to have an affiliate account? (the cookies of which can be used to overwrite their affiliate's, especially when they send an email directly to the customer)

[This message was edited by waytogo on May 16, 2003 at 02:59 PM.]

Should we discuss CJ v. Befree ( tracking )

quote:
    Originally posted by happypoon:
    I can't say about the cj vs performics but one vendor recently left performics and went to linkshare and now I get much more sales for them.

If's that's avenue.com, just the opposite happened to me.

About CJ vs. Performics. I've promoted a lot of merchants from both of them and switched links between them and didn't see any difference. Now, I switched all my Performics links to CJ's on available merchants, because I get the commission about a month earlier than I'de get on Perfo. And thanks to that, my CJ rev. number is on all time high.

I have to recend my vote for Performics over CJ in a prev post to this topic. 95% of my affiliate income comes from CJ. CJ's product catalog is very helpful. Performics does not have a product catalog, you have to make all product links individually, if the merchant offers that ability. Performics, for me is alot more work. I did have a merchant that out performed CJ, but that is no longer the case. The merchant was Blair.com, which is now not converting in either program.

I had to post this in good conscious, because of all the flack CJ has been getting recently. CJ is still my favorite. And my main money maker and I would hate to see them loose good merchant programs.

Tami

ABW Ambassador
    Tami, I had some nice blair sales come into today through Performics ...

funny thing is...as I stated before...I couldn't score one sale from blair in months with CJ ..

now multiple sales in one day...go figure.

I just checked Blair.com epc data at cj.
    They are doing quite well.

in my experience, those merchants with noticed difference are those getting very low "Link EPC" at cj.

Thus, you should worry about those merchants with very low epc in most of their links at cj.

kelly626 :
    in your case, are both cj and performics link on the same page or are they on different pages ?

ABW Ambassador
    When you talk about some sales per month, you have nothing but very weak statistical data.

Now if you say 300 sales per month vs 170 (from same merchant, on same traffic), you have something...

Fer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast