Anybody here able to make custom links to clearancworld that work?

Made some this morning, after I got done I tested them - they still resolved to the clearancworld home page. So waited awhile and then went back and tested them again to make sure they went to the specific product and now I get 500 server errors on all the links.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Meowser,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. This merchant is associated with Hanover Direct, and we recently worked with a couple of their other programs on the additional programming needed to support the advanced product-linking feature. It seems this may be a related issue, and I've notified my technical team to not only work with Clearance World to fix this issue, but also to retest all Hanover programs to ensure that they are not offering a feature for which they are not enabled. I will keep you updated as I received further information from my technical team.

Thanks,
    Sarah

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Seems like these merchant aggregrators like Handover Direct and Global Sports all have one common denominator...piss poor sales reporting interfaces when using the the clugged e-catalog/cart. None will show a EPC above 1.00

Sarah,

Any update to this situation as to why my codes generate the 500 error? I used Linkshares generator to make them one link at a time.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Heidi,

The examples you provided were very helpful in tracing the problem. As I first suspected, the merchant needs additional programming to support the advanced link feature. We are currently working with them to get this done as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience, and I will let you know when this has been completed.

Sarah

[ 07-26-2002: Message edited by: LinkShare Moderator ]

>Seems like these merchant aggregrators like Handover Direct and ...piss poor sales reporting interfaces when using the the clugged e-catalog/cart. None will show a EPC above 1.00

Mike,

Hanover hasn't the same setup as Global Sports. They actually own the catalogs. We are doing extremely well for some of the Hanover Direct catalogs, they are very nice people indeed and they do try to make their programs work.

The problem is their e-commerce software. I have a way around the problem, after having victimized by this issue several times, I figured out a way to correctly link to products at these catalogs and their EPC is no lower than $20, according to my stats.

Global SPorts, on the other hand, is a real joke.

- BluesX

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BluesX:
    >They actually own the catalogs. We are doing extremely well for some of the Hanover Direct catalogs, they are very nice people indeed and they do try to make their programs work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, I have found many of their programs decent so far with the exception of this linking issue.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The problem is their e-commerce software. I have a way around the problem, after having victimized by this issue several times, I figured out a way to correctly link to products at these catalogs<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any chance you'd be willing to share what the way around this problem is?

Thanks,

[ 07-27-2002: Message edited by: Heidi ]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Merchants ..not affiliates.. should have alarm bells go off when thousands of clicks produce not recorded sales. Read the peoples lips in this day and age of company honesty. Every merchant monitors sales activity like we do commissions earned. This one just choose to overlook that certain links never tracked sales. This has happen many times over the years with LS merchants and I took some like The OutPost to task over it.

Not a problem with just Linkshare. "SmartBargains at BeFree hasn't shown a sale in 12 months on hundreds of clicks. They just clam up when challenged!!

ABW Ambassador
    I had a similar problem with a linkshare merchant (Overstock.com) where the link went to the homepage. That was a few days ago. It still goes to the homepage. Better than an error page, but not much.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by perfectG:
    I had a similar problem with a linkshare merchant (Overstock.com) where the link went to the homepage. That was a few days ago. It still goes to the homepage. Better than an error page, but not much.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your still having problems with links, Talk to Shawn and he will look into it. He's very on top of things.

Also which way did you try to make links to overstock? I tried the multiple links at one time feature and was unable to successfully create links that way. Once I did the links one by one with the link generator they all worked fine for me.

Shawn also posted a shortcut method for making links but I found this to be not quite a short cut since in order to link to the correct stock number you had to add the product to the shopping cart first in order to come up with what the correct stock number was.

Thanks Blues I will try what you've suggested here - hopefully I will get it right [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread