ABW Ambassador
    Can the representative please tell me what criteria they use for accepting affiliates. My target audience is 95% US based, yet when I applied, I got rejected immediately. The site I wanted to use them on is a Womens beauty and fashion site.

Can you tell me why I was rejected, or is it a secret?

ABW Ambassador
    Any chance a moderator can kill this thread. I have had an e-mail from Jamie and hope to have my question answered privately.

??????

I would also like to see the answer

ABW Ambassador
    Muffin
    There was a filter on to exclude non-USA affiliates (I think). Jamie e-mailed me the answer but have deleted the e-mail. He sorted out the filter at his end and I re-applied. Waiting to see if my site is accepted now.

ABW Ambassador
    Did you know that Coldwater Creek has a zero cookie duration?

While I had decent sales with them I pulled them 3 days ago as a test to see if cookie sales from other vendors would pick up.

To early to tell absoulutely but yesterday was my best day ever (on cookies) and it more than makes up for what I make with Coldwater Creek on average in a week.

Promoting vendor's who have no cookie duration (like nordstrom, coldwater creek, jcrew, brooks brothers, HSN, ...) seems like a sure fire way to shoot yourself and every other affiliate in the foot!

ABW Ambassador
    Wouldn't it be nice if those merchants treated their affiliates as well as they treat their customers?

And wouldn't it be nice if Linkshare made it easier to see who had what cookie length? Bleah.

ABW Ambassador
    >>Did you know that Coldwater Creek has a zero cookie duration?<<

Did you know that they are in the process of changing this?

And while I agree, the longer the cookie the better (ESPECIALLY with a clothing merchant), I have two excellent money-making independent merchants with zero-cookies. One of them has a tiered payment structure that is good enough that even while I could replace them with a merchant with a longer cookie, no way will I do so.

Outsourced Program Manager
    PerfectG and others,

Unfortunately we did have an erroneous filter on our affiliate application. It only allowed US affiliates. This has since been changed and we now allow foreign affiliates to apply.

If you have applied to our program and received an immediate rejection, this may be the reason. I apologize for this inconvenience and encourage you to apply again.

Have a great week!

Jamie Birch
    Affiliate and Partner Programs Manager
    Coldwater Creek
    jbirch@thecreek.com
    208-265-3958

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread