Why is this merchant still active? When you go to their web site it says Sorry ashlane coffee is closed

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It oftens takes several affiliate e-mails and some phone calls to wake up the folks at Linkshare that one of their merchant sites no longer exist. Has something to do with how they verify sales tracking activity.

I also notice that Cardstar ( defunct) show they never paid LS since the start of the year along with SimplyDresses. Some how we have to force LS into consolidated monthly payouts or their merchants will get away with murder. Right now it takes a real long time to develop a $1500.00 backlog in commissions to just start getting LS checks monthly. When I was 80% pure LS merchant's that was the hurdle to seeing any monthly income.

[ 07-24-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm surprised Ash Lane Coffee lasted so long, that I'm only reading about their death now!

What a DOG that was...after GreatCoffee went belly-up I had put on AshLane...NO sales at all! (GreatCoffee had converted somewhat poorly but some sales were recorded. But the end result from GC was $0 too, since they went belly up and disappeared into the night along with my commission check!) AshLane went on the same page under the same listings--the nonconversion problem was definitely with AshLane.

Here's a collection hint--As I recall, AshLaneCoffee also runs an AshLaneGifts program over there (if it's not dead, I haven't checked in ages), GreatFlowers, JewelrySpotlight, and ParGolfGear. The company's actually "4th Street Plaza"...

As for making Snare consolidate payments, as long as they can get decent affiliates with their current system they have no real incentive to change it!!!

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Meowser/Mike -

You raise some good points. That's why I'm on ABW - to make sure we're alerted to and resolve these issues more quickly. Here are some updates on the merchants mentioned:

Ashlanecoffee.com - As of now, their program has been discontinued, and we are in the process of contacting the merchant to get a status on their situation and site. Approved affiliates of the program will receive notification and the Merchant Status Report will be updated. I will let you know when I find out further information on this situation.

cardstar.com - we are already working with them to on outstanding payments for May and June.

Simply Dresses - let me do a bit more investigating on my end, and I will let you know what the current situation is with this account.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    From Leader...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>As for making Snare consolidate payments, as long as they can get decent affiliates with their current system they have no real incentive to change it!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How incredibly cynical Leader. All the networks have the same incentive to make positive changes for their constituency - the affiliates. That incentive is the same as any other service company would have - to keep the ones doing the work... doing the work.

Obstinatedon

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Obstinatedon, that's just another way of saying what I just said!

"That incentive is the same as any other service company would have - to keep the ones doing the work... doing the work.~Obst."

Right--Like I said--As long as decent affiliates are willing to run the links, there is NO INCENTIVE for LS to change it because the "ones doing the work" are still doing it!

BTW, I have no shame in being cynical, no more than you do in being Obstinate! And your comment is no less cynical than mine anyway. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    Hmmmm Link share consolidated payments???
    I don't know why they and befree haven't converted over. It would be wonderfull. We'd all be in Heaven.

But obviously the Merchants is where these LS and BF make their larger amounts of money.

And I think this is the biggest reason why. All the one's that pay themselves, obviously want LS to stay exactly how they are.

How many merchants converted over to CJ - Quite a few, and this hasn't made LS and BF change. So Yes Leader, and Obs, I agree, only Linkshare can change Linkshare.

What I don't get is Why can't they consolidate just the checks that Linkshare actually pays out, with no minimums. My guessing is the whole setup and process, and the HUGE word.........CHANGE. People hate change, and I imagine LS is thinking Why fix something that's not broke.

What I'm thinking is isn't CJ that's taking LS for a run....It will be Performics....Why because Performics runs the show...merchants do nothing, no emails, no promoting, etc, completely hands off. Performics has tons of reputable off line catologue companies, brick and motor stores, all reputable. Heck if I was a large company not having the staff, that's who'd I pick. ( not saying I prefer Performics over Cj..I personally love CJ...but If I knew nothing about affiliate marketing...that's who'd I pick)

Hi Canfree,

LinkShare will be offering consolidated payments, and we are currently in the process of working out the necessary systems, procedures, and technology on our end to provide affiliates with this service.

Best,
    Sarah

Hi All -

Quick update on SimplyDresses - the merchant recently decided to have LinkShare handle their affiliate checks, rather than the merchant distributing payment directly to affiliates. It appears that when we update this information in our system, the 'Merchant Payment History' report shows us 'Awaiting Payment' for previous months, in this case Feb-May, because we did not handle the merchant's payments during that time. In actuality, the merchant is current with their affiliate payments. I understand that this may prove to a source of confusion, and we will be investigating a means to make this information more clear in the future. In the meantime, feel free to bring questions to my attention, and I'll do my best to investigate and report back to you.

Sarah

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread