ABW Ambassador
    I was quite surprised to see they don't pay at all in a timely fashion. Awaiting Payment since January 2002.

I finally got accepted by them about a month or so ago, and thought I should perhaps promote them.........but darn ouch.....I think I can find products other places rather than wait over 7 months for them to pay....Ouch.

ABW Ambassador
    Blue X......

It was a Joke......WALLMART....

Beat your head against the WALL to get a payment....LOL....

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The only hope for WalMart is to fire their affiliate program managment company. They tried private invite for 2 years and cut very few checks except to DuperAffiliates. Then the Dupers even dropped them for non-conversion and slow pay. So they up the commissh and open up thie LS program to all takers hoping to recruit more eyeball generators. They have a great site and products, but for some reason it takes 1000 clicks to record one small sale.

Until they start posting here and take their lumps for prior failings, bad reporting tags and poor landing pages they will be at the bottom of showcase merchants.

Yeah, what Mike said. And I've always wondered about them. If they roll-back prices everyday, how come nuthin's free yet! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Just to show how incompetent the current affiliate people at Walmart are:

They recently said that they are purging their program of old graphics and had to do an overhaul of the links.

But what they did to the text links was to unnecessarily shuffle them around. The same text words are still there, but they're just on a different link number. The only effect of that on our part and on theirs is additional work and nothing more.

I have lots of links to Walmart, and I really don't mind that they didn't deliver. But if they are going to make life harder for all of us when there is no reason for it, then I'm pulling off all their links.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Canfree -

This is another instance where the merchant recently decided to have LinkShare handle their affiliate checks, rather than the merchant distributing payment directly to affiliates. Again, when we update this information in our system, the 'Merchant Payment History' report shows us 'Awaiting Payment' for previous months because we did not handle the merchant's payments before. In actuality, Walmart has paid affiliate commissions for all months prior to May, and I just received word they are sending us payment to distribute for May/June this week.

Sarah

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Sarah ..I was one of the first invited Walmart affiliates and in over 3800 clicks earning me a whopping 13.47 in over 2 years I e-mail Walmart and tell them to take my earnings and buy some 25 cent pony rides for their affiliate manager. He sure has given me a ride for years!!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread