whether or not Forzieri.com and paul fredericks convert and pay?

Thanks

[ 07-29-2002: Message edited by: Heidi ]

ABW Ambassador
    Forzieri I don't know anything about. They sound like a character out of the muppet show.

As for Paul Frederick - hang on, let me find my stats. Ah here we go: 9,215 impressions; 601 click throughs and wait for it.......0 sales.

Draw your own conclusions.

Forzieri do convert and they pay [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Paul Fredrick...mmm would do a whole lot better if they allowed us product linking.

I've emailed asked, but no answer.
    Their banners don't work well for me.
    Once I used an image of a guy in a great looking top and linked it to them, suddenly sales came in.
    It's been over 3 months since I contacted them, so I'm not holding my breath, moved on to another merchants who allow more flexablity in linking.

Forzieri - happy to say I had my first sales with them this month [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    paul fredericks - nada

Thanks for the input- much appreciated [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Forzieri seems to have many nice products. Glad to know they pay. This is why I hate linkshare though, you never know who to trust - its a good thing we can ask here!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    None of the big name apparel merchants at LS convert better than 1 sale per 600 clicks. They are advertisers not salemen when it comes to converting affiliate traffic. That's why they stay at LS so they don't have to pay the masses and can work with the Duperaffiliates without having to cut more than a few checks a month. To them affiliate marketing is the cheapest form of online advertising ..and they mean to keep it that way.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    While I cannot speak on behalf of all the apparel retailers, I do feel that by appearing in this forum, Jamie has demonstrated that Coldwater Creek is dedicated to their affiliate partners, viewing them as part of a sales team and not as cheap means of advertising. I am working to bring you more program managers at ABW in an effort to help change such perceptions held by both merchants and affiliates.

I also want to take a moment to encourage you all to check out July’s Affiliate Newsletter – we archive these newsletters in the 'Affiliate Resource Center' portion of your account: http://www.linkshare.com/newsletters...arc_0702.shtml

LinkShare understands that affiliates are an integral part of a merchant's sales channel, not just a publisher in an advertising channel, and we are working to educate both merchants and affiliates.

Best,
    Sarah

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Nice effective newsletter that shows LS has recognized that real affiliates are value added salesmen for the merchants. My problem with the name brand LS apparel merchants is they have never produced me a check in 5 years of running 3 Cybermalls with clothing sections getting 200 page views a day. That folks sucks and LL Bean couldn't figure out what to do with 1846 visitors so they cancelled me for not sending them buyers. My shoppers are not stupid and found nothing of purchasing value at the landing page on the end of the click. Once the visitor gets to the LS apparel merchant it is 100% the failure of the merchant if they don't buy!!! All affiliate responsibility for a sale ends when their visitor clicks thru to the merchant site. Best spend some time reaming out the merchants when they can't close customers with their confusing web sites and diversion tactics or no return day cookies.

Coldwater Creek has come forward but they still refuse to own up as to how nmany clicks it take their affiliate pool to get one sale! Simple request that seems to kill off all communication with a merchant. Is it they cannot or will not devulge what it takes in traffic to begin earning a check with them. These are variables completely controlled by the merchant and reflect the effectiveness of their product lines in generating sales. Simple grad school math will suffice.

Affiliate Manager
    I've found that click/order ratios very wildly with each affiliate. I know what the overall average is, but each affiliate can range from zero to 100%. That's why it's a very difficult question to answer.

I think Jamie is a stand-up chap, running a nice affiliate program. He came forward, charging head on into battle.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    He took some excellent stances with parasiteware, among other topics of conversation. He understands the value of sales partners (affiliates) or he wouldn't have come here.

In my opinion, the affiliates on this board owe it to him to give his program a shot and draw your own conclusions about the results.

Look at it this way - everyone here wants to support Haiko, right? After all, if it weren't for him, ABW would not exist, adn we would not have this forum for communication.

Question: What does everyone at ABW want?
    Answer: Better, more open communication between Merchants and Sales Partners (Affiliates).

Right?

Well, assuming the above is correct, if Jamie comes to ABW and speaks to everyone, and sees good results in sales and active affiliates, then he will ink a deal with Haiko to have a permanent board here. Other Merchants will follow suit, ABW will grow rapidly, and communication will flow more freely. The net result is that everyone wins.

So, based on the above logic, the sales partners (affiliates) on this board directly control the size of this board, and the shape of the future market.

With that said, I would encourage you to reward Jamie and give his program a shot. Then come to your own conclusions about if his program works for you. In doing so, you are ultimately supporting Haiko...

Thanks,

Outsourced Program Manager
    Shawn - thank you for your continued support, input and advice. You're running one of the best programs out there, and your work is leading many merchants and affiliates to do better, more efficient affiliate marketing. Keep up the good work!

Again, there is wide range of o/c activity seen between all of our affiliate partners, with some on the low end and some on the high end. Giving you a flat o/c average for all affiliate activity won't necessarily tell you much because a lot depends on how affiliates feature and use the links and tools we offer. What does that average really tell you? As I stated in the other thread - we see activity range between 3% and 7%, with affiliates using advanced links like search banners, new DRM's and storefronts and/or giving us special placements seeing o/c in excess of 7% to 10%. Providing you with a range of the activity allows you to benchmark your performance according to what you are doing with our links. The only way to really find out how many clicks to a sale on your site is to give us a shot and see whathappens.

It sounds like there have been some experiences with apparel merchants not providing you with what you need to help sell their products. If anyone has such an experience with Coldwater Creek, I want to hear about. We have a very large list of creative available for you to use, but if the creative and ideas I offer do not work for you, let's talk and see what we can come up with that will help both of us convert more users to sales. I can create specific landing pages for you or find ones on our site that are better suited to your users. Frankly, I don't get as many requests for these types of things as I would think or prefer.

I thank everyone for their feedback, and I want to hear from you more. I hope I've been able to address your questions, but let me know if you require more specific information and I will be happy to get it to you.

Shawn, thank you again and I truly hope many are able take advantage of both our programs and that more merchants follow your lead (well maybe not any other women's apparel merchants).

Thanks!

Jamie Birch
    Affiliate and Partner Programs Manager
    Coldwater Creek
    jbirch@thecreek.com
    208-265-3958

[ 07-31-2002: Message edited by: Jamie@ColdwaterCreek ]

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread