Anybody know when Domestications turned of the Advanced Product Linking feature?

Went to add new links tonight and all there is available is about 50 links that they put in there to use.

I know I never had a problem with the tracking and such with Domestications, Sales come in daily pretty much with them with the custom links I already have.

Very disappointed to see this [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    noooooooo!!!! Oboy. Did you write to ask them WHY?!?!?!?!?!

International Male did the same...poof...suddenly no advanced linking!
    2 out of 3 Hanovers.

ABW Ambassador
    Sarah, PUHLEASE... can you help us out with this? Direct Product Linking is just so very important to me and Domestications not having it will really really hurt.

I asked Sarah why more merchants don't provide the ability to do advanced product linking at the Tupperware thread.

Her response was:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In terms of your question about why some merchants do not allow affiliates to create their own product links, the answer is two-fold. First, by providing you with ready-made product links, merchants maintain control of the link. As their inventory and/or site changes, they can easily update images, product information, landing pages, etc. without asking you to go generate new code. Everything updates automatically creating less work for you. While generating custom product links allows you more flexibility, you need to be more diligent on your end about keeping such links updated regularly or else you may end up featuring outdated products and links without realizing it. Secondly, this advanced product link feature does require additional programming on the merchant side. And some merchants often concentrate on other aspects of building their program before offering such a feature.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps Domestications is changing their inventory more frequently.

Tracy

[Grammer. It's late and time for bed]

[ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: Tracy ]

Nope I've not written to them yet, I wanted to see if anyone was aware of a problem with the advanced product links like some of Hanover's other merchants have recently had.

Mine all appear to be tracking correctly. Also how will their turning of APL affect links we already had made? It would suck if they quit working just as I have started having my best month ever with them!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>... just as I have started having my best month ever with them!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good argument in defense of why they should put the feature back up when you do write to them.

When will merchants learn that when they let us create individual product links, we sell more for them?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Might be a problem caused by the Hanover merchant group. If they change their central e-catalog (file locations,photo serving, SKU #s etc.)used by all their merchants without consideringg the impact on LS tracking ..they blow the direct product interface.

Actually, it's been known that Hanover had many problems with direct product linking function. Since all of Hanover catalogs use the same e-commerce software, we would probably expect all to bring back the direct linking function when one does, and I surely hope that they took the function out to fix it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

- BluesX

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Heidi,

As many of you have reported problems with advanced product links for Hanover merchants, I asked my team to test all their programs to ensure that do not offer a feature for which they are not enabled. To my knowledge, Domestications and International Male are programmed to support the feature, and your existing links should continue to work for you. Perhaps when disabling the option for the other programs, they did so for these two as well. I'm checking in with my team, and I'll let you know when I've received an update.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    >>I'm checking in with my team, and I'll let you know when I've received an update.<<

Thank you, Sarah. Domestications without product links makes me want to weep. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Heidi,

I'm happy to report that both International Male and Domestications have restored the advanced product link feature.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    WHEW!

Thank you, Sarah.

Fantastic!!! Very happy to hear this news [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread