Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi All

Haiko is pushing me to set up a Mondera Board here and we will soon..honest...but till then I'll keep plugging away on the LS Board.

Just wanted to let you know that the following coupons are live on Linkshare

$50 Off Any Jewelry Purchase Over $300
    Expires 8.16.2002
    Starts 8.9.2002 : Applies to total purchases on jewelry only
    Coupon Code = SummerSp2
    LinkShare Link ID = Coupon10000018

$40 Off Any Jewelry Purchase over $200 at Mondera.com
    Expires 8.19.02
    Starts 8.05.02 : Applies to total purchases only
    Coupon Code = SummerSp1
    LinkShare Link ID = Coupon10000014

$100 Off Any Diamond over $1000 at Mondera.com
    Expires 8.19.02
    Starts 8.05.02 : Applies to total purchases only
    Coupon Code = SummerSp1
    LinkShare Link ID = Coupon10000015

Enjoy up to 60% Off at Mondera.com Expires 8.19.02:
    Starts 8.01.02 : Valid on all products in the Sales Boutique
    LinkShare Link ID = Coupon10000013

Please note that all present and future coupon codes can be seen on our Affiliate Support site at http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/offers.asp

Cheers

Chris

Hi All

Just a side note, yes we do allow Affiliates to purchase products for themselves and get the commission for it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .

Cheers

Chris

Nice!

I'm really trying to fit Mondera into my scheduled promos but have a couple of questions for you Chris:

1. I went into one of your sections yesterday where their where 25 items a couple of days ago, now there is one! How best to promote individual products?

2. Could you hurry up and have a Mondera board [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] I'd really appreciate an inaugural post of How best to promote Mondera

3. You used to pay 10%, with other Jewelry stores pushing 10-15% the only thing that keeps me keen on Mondera is your obvious commitment to it's success. Any comments?

Regards

Nick

[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: Nick W ]

Hi Nick,

By Numbers

1. Which list is it that you selected from? It might just be teething problems. The safest bet for direct links will allways be the less expensive items of which Mondera holds more stock in house. The biggest selling items are custom designed rings, which means links to the Engagement Ring and Design your Own Ring Sections will peform better for high ticket items

2. Working on it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] . However tip number one is "Theme and Focus", our best affiliates are theme based, not "sell it all malls"

3. Yes this is a common question, why go with Mondera when Ashford offer 10% , Szul offer 12% and so on. Well basically there are two reasons, firstly the mark up on jewelry is pretty high for jewelers, even online so the commission for sites focusing on retail jewelry is high, but the prices are low. What is average sale price of sites focused on jewelry? Return rate? I'll be surprised if any can get to $500 at the most. Sites such as Mondera (say Blue Nile) who focus primarily on Diamonds have a much lower margin on the sale, BUT a much higher average ticket, Mondera sales average at $1250 per transaction. Going direct from my Linkshare stats for this month we're at $1,555 per transaction...however unlike some other high ticket programs we do not cap a sale, i.e. if you sell a $50,000 US diamond we do not say "tough luck here's $750" you get the full commission.

On top of this we have 3 tiers in linkshare which we put our partners on when we see that they are driving quality traffic, high conversion or have a dedication towards Mondera.

For any jewelry site conversion can be quite low, however the end result on the commission is higher than say selling CDs and books. 20% of a $20 book is still only $4 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hope this all helps

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Definately a teething problem, if i navigate differently I get quite a few results. I'v mailed the problem to customer service....

Nick

Szul has changed their affiliate terms several times over the last year (I have a spread sheet where I actually had the terms down under which I started marketing jewelry with them). And they owe us a check even after upping their minimum to $100. For several months now.

I've been considering Mondera, especially after my cj merchant didn't answer my email calling for some cooperation in increasing our EPC with them (as Bones would say in my place, "Da** it Jim, I'm a technician not a salesperson, how should I have known that was a lookie-loo keyword phrase??"). I would like to give them another chance, since they have product links and I have a new idea about how to further qualify the traffic I get looking for jewelry.... but keep posting Mondera, and maybe I'll give up on the other guys. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hi All

Nick Please send me the URL of the text file so I can check it.

webmistress Well what can I say.. CLICK HERE TO JOIN [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] . Our Cheque threshold is at $25 but if you don't get more than that from a single sale then that'll be unlucky.

Earnings and conversions really depend on the type of site the traffic is coming from, Wedding and Theme sites easily knock the stuffing out of all the others for earnings, coupon sites lead on conversion.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Webmistress

One other thing, Our EPC for this month so far (calculated from LS stats :"(commission/clicks)*100" ) is $32.59 , I don't think you'll find a single Jewelry or Gift Merchant on CJ with an EPC this high.... granted you have to trust me on that figure [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I checked by searching for jewelry and then diamonds on CJ

Cheers

Chris

Hi Nick

Did a quick check on all the TXT files

The only one with "one" product is

http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/ipl/enga gement_rings.txt

And this one has only ever had one product.

All listed products can ship within 24 hours. As 95% of the engagement rings sold on Mondera are custom made we have a very small in house stock of ready made engagement rings.

Cheers

Chris

Why are you missing the red star? I can't see the problem in the basics like LS cuts the check, more than 7 return days, etc... Is there a problem with the timeliness of payments?

It may sound petty, but I am one of those cj-addicts.

5% is just rough. I have one more tactic to try with my current merchant, especially since starting commish is 8%, with bonuses if I can ever figure out how to market this stuff.

Okay, that reminds me to get the HTML editor open again. You are officially on the "next in line" list, though. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

>but I am one of those cj-addicts.

Need a pity?

>5% is just rough.

Agree. I am yet to put the Mondera links up, Its been a while and It is not that I am too lazy!

5% is too low of a commission for jewelry. (It would be pretty good for computer stuff, but it is just not competitive in jewelry category)

- BluesX

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi webmistress,

You raised a great question about why Mondera has not yet received certification as a LinkShare Premium Partners - the red star. They do meet our criteria. However, Mondera recently launched their LinkShare Affiliate Program, and in order to be considered for Premium Partner status, each new LinkShare Merchant must ensure timely payment to its affiliates and to LinkShare for their first pay period in the LinkShare program. After the evaluation period, Mondera will be considered for the Premium Partner certification.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Thanks Sarah.

@Blues, no, but maybe a 12-step.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes 5% is much too small of a commission on goods with a 300% to 800% mark-up.

Dear All

Anyone who can find me a place where I can get cut, certified diamonds that I can mark up by even 50% please let me know.

As I said above, Jewelry yes the mark up can be high, Mondera like Blue Nile and Diamond.com focuses on Diamonds, Margins are at most 20-30%.

Calculate

5-8% to affiliate : 2-3% to Linkshare : Salary, overhead shipping...margin = not a lot.

Now if you want to talk cheap junk, costume jewelry and Body Jewelry, heck then we can talk 800%+ mark up, I can buy Body Jewelry here direct from the factory for 50 cents and it can sell online for $10-15..

If we ever launched Body Jewelry I'd be happy to give a 30% commission, Mondera never will offer Body Jewelry though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers

Chris

Dear Sarah

Thank you for your post, I was wondering what a red star was for a second [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Cheers

Chris

So what do we need to provide you to start from the 8% level? (nowhere it is mentioned that Mondera offers 5% - 8% commission)

How about last 3 years' federal tax forms?

- BluesX

Hi BluesX,

We have a three tier program at Linkshare, (at present)

Tier 1 : Is Flat 5%
    Tier 2 Starts at 5% and goes to 6.5%
    Tier 3 Starts at 6% and goes to 8%

The Commission paid is based on volume of sales, the more an affiliate sells the higher commission we give them.

How does a person START in Tier 3 as apposed to Tier 1?

Two ways :

1. They were a partner with us on Be Free and had consistant high sales.

2. Their site is highly focused on what we sell, ultimate Theme site.

How does a person MOVE from Tier 1 to Tier 3?

1. A site is seen to be driving quality traffic. Definition being visitors that are real and visit more than the front page, generally this traffic comes from Theme sites.

2. Has a solid Theme based site that promotes in our niche, i.e. wedding or jewelry based

3. Shows a dedication to promoting Mondera over our competitors [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

4. Has a high conversion rate, meaning very qualified traffic.

5. Sells either a lot of products or at high value on a consistant basis.

6. Affiliate shows that they are spending to promote their site and their for our products. Via SEO, Paid Listings, PFP and so forth.

7. .... or because they are generally helpful and I enjoy working with them [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hope this answers the questions but from what I have seen of your posts on ABW BluesX I imagine it has just started the ball rolling [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

How does a person get a custom program?

Only one way

1. Proof of Pudding.

Cheers

Chris

>Hope this answers the questions

Well, yeah... but nowhere it is mentioned that you have a tiered program. At least I don't see it.

>but from what I have seen of your posts on ABW BluesX I imagine it has just started the ball rolling

Ball was probably on a roll way before you knew it existed.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Thank you for the explanation and I won't promote jewelry for 5%. Good Luck with your affiliates from BeFree (ah, and the merchants at befree!)

Best of luck,

- BluesX

Hi BluesX

If you don't mind me asking, what is the biggest monthly cheque youi get from a single Merchant? No need to tell me the merchant name. Cards on the table, then I'll tell you whether my 5% starter can possibly outsell your other partners.

NB As I mentioned we're moved off of BeFree, we're on Linkshare now.

Cheers

Chris

>If you don't mind me asking, what is the biggest monthly cheque you get from a single Merchant? No need to tell me the merchant name. Cards on the table, then I'll tell you whether my 5% starter can possibly outsell your other partners.

Chris,

Even though I think the question is irrelevant and that I think you are confusing me with someone else, I'll answer this one and we can go our own ways.

Biggest check from a single merchant was $8,600 from Domestications at LS.

>NB As I mentioned we're moved off of BeFree, we're on Linkshare now.

Oh I know that. I was talking about ebates etc. as your top tier affiliates.

>Cheers

Cheers

- BluesX

Hi BluesX

No, not confusing you with anyone else, just pondering over whether what you make from other Programs is of a similar rate to what our better affiliates can make in peak season.

Anyway thanks for your comments and thoughts, always appreciated. I'm sure we'll chat again on other threads

Cheers

Chris

>Anyway thanks for your comments and thoughts, always appreciated.

You are most welcome.

- BluesX

Hi All

Okay I've talked to the nice people in merchandising and here's what we came up with.

LinkShare allows us to offer multiple public offers at the same time.

So we are looking to create a "Product Specific" offer that will be limited to specific jewelry that we can offer a higher commission on, these items will generally be of lower value than our core product base and have no diamonds in them.

Assuming this all works out I will probably add multiple product lists which have different commissions for different items of jewelry. Again LS allows me to put different commissions for different lists under one offer (pretty cool [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

Expect this to be ready before the end of the month. BUT on a limited number of products initially

More to come stay tuned.

Cheers

Chris

Sounds cool, especially seeing as I don't promote the diamonds.... hope this works out [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Nick

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread