The way to track where the "Sale" came from is to use the "Member ID Field" which is part of the "Signature" feature of LS.

You must request this feature be activated for your account ID. On LS Site, go to RESOURCE CENTER, click on LS Signature Technology, check out the Overview, then submit the request form to sign up. This will activate the feature and add 2 reports to the Reports section - "Member ID Click" report and "Member ID Field" report. The latter will list each item and which ID it was sold under. Very handy for locating the page/link the sale came from.

the Member ID Field (u1)is coded into links in this manner: &u1=MYPAGE

I usually place it immediately following "subid=0" so it would appear as: ... subid=0&u1=pageone ... then, on the report, all sales for "pageone" would be identified. Also, you can use a different u1 code for each link occurrence if you need to - Ex: &u1=page4link2

Note that you can include this "&u1=MYPAGE" into links now without affecting any clicks or sales. Then to check sales, execute this link with bdate, edate, LSNAME, LSPASSWORD set with your info: http://www.linkshare.com/areport/u1f...cpi=LSPASSWORD

This will download a file that can be opened as an Excel spreadsheet. Use this to test as you are requesting the Signature Technology to be activated. Only tracks Sales.

Hope this helps....

Jim in Texas

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hi Jim

Thanks for that tip, I'll be sure to pass it on to our affiliates.

Cheers

Chris

OK, I don't remember going through a sign-up process to be able to add sites; I just added them as sub-sites and generated the link code accordingly. I was finally able to find my Overstock sale by looking in the following report:

"Sub-site Sales and Activity Report"

Glad I looked because the sale didn't come from the site I'd expected it came from [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].

{

[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: eaglefire ]

Eaglefire...

The Member ID Field is separate from the Sub-Site feature. Sales from "Pages" within the "Sub-site" can be tracked. You could track a single link within a page.

An example would be: if you wanted proceeds from a link to go to a Charity, you could identify Sales from that unique link.

Another good use for the "Member ID Field" report is... This report displays almost exactly the amount of the LS check you will receive. Run the report for each merchant to see this breakout. This report is by "Reporting Date" instead of "Transaction Date"

Read the info on "Signature" feature in the Resources section of LS.

Jim in Texas [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: jimbet7 ]

ABW Ambassador
    Great message, Jim! I didn't know this existed and I just put in my request. THANKS.

DOH! thanks Jimbet. I just realized this takes it a few steps further than what I was already using. I'm still trying to get used to the Linkshare way of doing things [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] - not that there's anything at all wrong with it; I am just not as familiar with the interface as I am with CJ's.

{

I submitted a signature request form and never got a reply. I ahve re submitted one today.
    Has anyone ever been approved after submitting?

Yes, I was accepted in July. I downloaded the application and returned it as an email attachment.

In the meantime... you can use the u1 field now. Insert the code: &u1=MYCODE into your links. When sales are made from these links, run the URL listed below to download a dataset (spreadsheet format).

Note that you can include this "&u1=MYPAGE" into links now without affecting any clicks or sales. Then to check sales, execute this link with bdate, edate, LSNAME, LSPASSWORD set with your info: http://www.linkshare.com/areport/u1f...cpi=LSPASSWORD

This will download a file that can be opened as an Excel spreadsheet. Use this to test as you are requesting the Signature Technology to be activated. Only tracks Sales.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi Girlie,

I checked on the status of your request form, and my team informed that they reviewed and approved your application today. You should now be enabled - please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Sarah

ABW Ambassador
    Had my approval in hand this morning and just finished updating a bunch o' links.

Once again, thanks to Jim.

I forgot to mention that the link below, to download a dataset that can be opened by Excel, can be executed anytime. You do not have to have any u1 fields coded. It will extract for the date range specified.

bdate format: yyyymmdd (begin date)
    edate format: yyyymmdd (end date)
    LSNAME: your LS ID
    LSPASSWORD: your LS password

Execute this link with bdate, edate, LSNAME, LSPASSWORD set with your info:
    http://www.linkshare.com/areport/u1f...cpi=LSPASSWORD

Download, then open with Excel. Interesting data to review. Good for bean-counters. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread