Hi

Put some CruiseDirect links on my site - converting OK so far, with 4 sales from about 1200 clicks - but I have a question about their commission rates.

It says at CJ that commissions are 15-25% - I have emailed them 4 times to ask how many sales are needed before the higher commission rate kicks in - but I get no reply.

Anyone out there getting the higher 25% tier - for that matter, has anyone ever got an email response from them!

I've contacted them at about 3 different addresses - some from CJ, some from their site - you would think thay would be keen to talk to a new affiliate who has sent them 4 bookings.

I hate to think how hard it would be to get a response if I was complaining!

Program Term: CruiseDirect

1. Action: Sale

Action Criteria Not Specified
    Action Referral Period 120 day(s)
    Action Referral Occurrences 1 time(s)
    Commission 15.00%

missdonna

Those terms are correct - but in the merchant description above that it says ...

"Expand your site's offerings and earn substantial commissions! Travel is the fastest growing segment of e-commerce and the largest online retail market. When you join CruiseDirect, you'll earn substantial commissions selling the travel industry's most exciting and profitable category, CRUISES! Direct your visitors to CruiseDirect, and earn 15% to 25% of the total commission generated on each sale! "

I am assuming 15% is the base level, with up to 25% for top performers

I suspect they have changed the terms without changing the description. I never pay any attention to the description, since it isn't what counts. It's often outdated.

You're probably right - still can't see why they can't reply to my emails and tell me so themselves.

Doesn't give me a good impression of their program!

This topic ALSO belongs under the clueless affiliate managers thread.

These AM's have to wake up and become more communicative with their affiliates. Their programs aren't the only one's out there in the category. Those AM's that have the best relationship AND conversion are the ones that are going to end up on my site.

(I hate being ignored.)

Apollo

This topic _ALSO_ belongs under the clueless affiliate managers thread....

Dead right!

The first email I sent off was just an introductory one from a new affiliate - saying I've built some pages for them - and that I expect to be sending them quite a lot of valuable traffic. (If google wasn't in such a mess at the moment, I would probably have earned them about 40 sales instead of 4!)

If you have a potentially lucrative new partner, why ignore them?

Not good business practice

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread