Will they ever pay, will they...?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Maybe I did the wrongg thing the last 2 years and told them to keep their meager commissions ratther than fill out a 1099 for their corporate office. They should have it on file from way back when. I used to sell them all their closeout computer stuff for the Sam's Wholesale club in the 80's. They cut me out of all repeat sales like hungry sharks after finding out all my sources. Some things never change.

They owe me money from last Nov-Dec! Back then it said check was mailed. I never received it from them. Then someone mentioned what Mike said about the 1099. I never sent it either. Linkshare should of supplied all that info to the merchants IMO. It wasn't worth the hassle and I wasn't very happy that my stats showed it was sent in the first place when it wasn't.

ABW Ambassador
    The payment report in Linkshare shows Wal-mart waiting payment since the dawn of time. Stomping on little people has been the Wal-mart motto since the dawn of time. Why would you even think the affiliate program would be different?

I pulled all their links from my sites yesterday!!

Thanks for the heads up on Walmart. I was considering adding them, but won't now.

I tried to tell you so. :rolleyes:

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Might as well save your virtual breath and let the no-checks speak for themselves...

I don't remember noticing this:
    Return days: 0
    Is this new? I think they had several days before...

"I don't remember noticing this:
    Return days: 0 Is this new? I think they had several days before..."

I was invited over 2 years ago to join their private invite deal and it was always Zero Return days. They had individual or make your own product linking tools ..but dropped those too. Must have scared them on potential conversion ratio increases. They did make a positive move and dropped the minimum from 75.00 to 10.00 and opened up the program to anyone a few months ago. Tracking sales seems to be the big issue as well as a moron for a AM manager.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi All -

I recently reported to you that there was an error in the 'Merchant Payment History' report whereby when a merchant decided to have LinkShare handle their affiliate checks, rather than to distribute payment directly to affiliates, the report would show LinkShare 'Awaiting Payment' for previous months. Two examples raised here were Simply Dresses and Walmart.com.

As of this week, we have adjusted our system to no longer display 'Awaiting Payment' in such cases. Instead, the 'Merchant Payment History' report now shows 'Merchant Paid Directly' for those months when a merchant distributed payment directly to affiliates.

In terms of Walmart.com's affiliate payments, the 'Merchant Payment History' report displayed that we were 'Awaiting Payment' for Jan - June. Again, this was because we did not previously handle the merchant's payments. Walmart.com directly distributed affiliate commissions for all months prior to May. LinkShare now handles Walmart.com's affiliate checks, and we are currently in the process of distributing May/June payments.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Well, it says 'Merchant Paid Directly' for May/June as well.

ABW Ambassador
    RE: Merchant Paid Directly

You should change the message to say:

"Merchant Pays Directly." If the Merchant is handling payments in house, you have no idea if they paid or not. The wording "Merchant Paid Directly" implies that the merchant has paid...which is not the case.

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Hi yintercept,

As our intention is to indicate that the merchant took responsibility for distributing affiliate payments during that period, "Merchant Pays Directly" could be misleading. I'll work on getting information in the interface to clarify that "Merchant Paid Directly" indicates that the merchant was responsible for affiliate payments at that time.

Thanks,
    Sarah

I always knew Walmart paid direct up til June and that wasn't the issue. The real issue with Walmart payments is the number of clicks it takes to make a sale. Overstock just published it took 56 clicks to produce one sale this month from all their affiliate visitors. Walmart take 1840 clicks to produce one sale according to my stats. Walmart has had 2 years to refine their program which now, according to Obstinatedon, is run by Linkshare Affiliate Management services. Overstock with some assistance by me and ABW members working with an aggressive affiliate manager -Shawn- probably has cut more LS affiliate checks in the last 3 months than Walmart has in 2 years.

You can enroll Walmart in our ABW merchant re-education program for a small fee to increase their affiliate channel sales by 800%. Have Walmart contact Haiko for the feee structure.

Walmart has sent July payments to Linkshare. That was fast [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

They or their management firm must be lurking the boards. Maybe they'll learn a thing or two??

WebMaster Mike

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread